Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got a mortgage (yippee!)

Got a mortgage (yippee!)

Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:41 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Got a mortgage (yippee!)

Hi,

Sorry have to share our good news coz I am so pleased.
After being here a year we have got our first mortgage. So we are buying a nice house in Rockingham, WA. Everything seems to be so simple regarding the whole mortgage process, hubby just had to be in job for 6 months and we managed to get a loan with Keystart, no deposit as we qualified for the first home owners grant. We move in 25 days

Because we are currently renting and breaking a lease we have to find new tenants for the landlord, so if anyone is looking for a 4 x 2 in Rockingham, 220 dollars a week, near beach and shops etc let me know!!!!

Love
Cherry xxx
Old Jan 29th 2005, 8:44 am
Living the Dream

RockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant future
Default Re: Got a mortgage (yippee!)

Originally Posted by cherry6
Hi,

Sorry have to share our good news coz I am so pleased.
After being here a year we have got our first mortgage. So we are buying a nice house in Rockingham, WA. Everything seems to be so simple regarding the whole mortgage process, hubby just had to be in job for 6 months and we managed to get a loan with Keystart, no deposit as we qualified for the first home owners grant. We move in 25 days

Because we are currently renting and breaking a lease we have to find new tenants for the landlord, so if anyone is looking for a 4 x 2 in Rockingham, 220 dollars a week, near beach and shops etc let me know!!!!

Love
Cherry xxx
Hi

Great news, you must be over the moon. Sorry to be nosy, but what are the interest rates for mortgages at the moment? Can’t help you with the lease as we hope to move to Canberra and although I don't mind commuting it’s just a tad too far.

Regards

Steve
Old Jan 29th 2005, 8:47 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RockHopper
Hi

Great news, you must be over the moon. Sorry to be nosy, but what are the interest rates for mortgages at the moment? Can’t help you with the lease as we hope to move to Canberra and although I don't mind commuting it’s just a tad too far.

Regards

Steve
Ours is 6.99%, but some banks have better rates, about 6.49 I think.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 8:53 am
Wishing on a star...

Ours is 6.99%, but some banks have better rates, about 6.49 I think.
I will just add that we chose keystart because they will lend 98% of the purchase price with no penalty, the banks will charge a fee for that so thats why we went with them even though the interest is slightly higher. After a year or so we can always swap mortgages.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:15 am
Living the Dream

RockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant future

I will just add that we chose keystart because they will lend 98% of the purchase price with no penalty, the banks will charge a fee for that so thats why we went with them even though the interest is slightly higher. After a year or so we can always swap mortgages.
Thanks, good luck on your move.

Regards

Steve