Got me a job!!

Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice
Default Got me a job!!

Hi all,

Arrived in Brizze 8 weeks ago. After 6 weeks of sorting out the house, car, paperwork and the 101 other things that you have to do I thought I better start looking for work.

So 2 weeks ago applied for a few jobs and contacted 2 agencies (Ambit and Hays). I had an interview with each agency and then 2 interviews for jobs not sourced through an agency and then another interview put forward by Hays. Had a second interview yesterday, references obtained by the agency from the UK yesterday and got the job offer today.

The agencies are the pits, you must phone/email them every day if you want any response. The best one I found was a girl called Belinda from Hays in Brisbane (she was fantastic!!). There are plenty of Network/System Admin jobs around at the moment and although I'm not earning the money I was in the UK (as I was on a good package) it is not bad and it is only 20 mins from home which means I don't have to go into Brisbane CBD (YES!!!!!!!!)
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:17 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got me a job!!

Congratulations. What do you think of Brisbane?

Paul.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Hey Congratulations to you!!!!!!!!!

Hope everything goes well and you are enjoying life in Oz.

Pockygoes & family
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by diddy
Congratulations. What do you think of Brisbane?

Paul.
Hi Diddy,

We love the place so far - no regrets as they say. We've settled in to normality really quickly, kids are settled at school, the wife has decided on a complete new career path so is going to do a financial service diploma in something or other and all in all we are happy!!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations, such a relief getting a job then everything else just falls into place
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Billabong
Hi all,

Arrived in Brizze 8 weeks ago. After 6 weeks of sorting out the house, car, paperwork and the 101 other things that you have to do I thought I better start looking for work.

So 2 weeks ago applied for a few jobs and contacted 2 agencies (Ambit and Hays). I had an interview with each agency and then 2 interviews for jobs not sourced through an agency and then another interview put forward by Hays. Had a second interview yesterday, references obtained by the agency from the UK yesterday and got the job offer today.

The agencies are the pits, you must phone/email them every day if you want any response. The best one I found was a girl called Belinda from Hays in Brisbane (she was fantastic!!). There are plenty of Network/System Admin jobs around at the moment and although I'm not earning the money I was in the UK (as I was on a good package) it is not bad and it is only 20 mins from home which means I don't have to go into Brisbane CBD (YES!!!!!!!!)
Great news mate. Hope that things go well for you.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 12:12 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Well done Chris excellent news
Old Oct 21st 2004, 12:16 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Had a second interview yesterday, references obtained by the agency from the UK yesterday and got the job offer today.
Nice one. I love it when a plan comes together Can you put a good word in for me, I'll be there in just over a week
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wmoore
Nice one. I love it when a plan comes together Can you put a good word in for me, I'll be there in just over a week

Will do mate!! You'll have no problem getting a job here!!

Thanks for the best wishes everyone!!

Old Oct 22nd 2004, 9:14 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Billabong,
Congratulations on getting a job so quickly!
We are heading to Brisbane so I'll contact those agencies when we get there as well.
Where in Brissie are you living???
Glad you're settling in and enjoying it!
Shell
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 6:49 am
Just Joined

aussieboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Congrats Billabong,

Can u please pm the package u r offered, so that i can get an idea on what to negotiate.

Aussieboy
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Billabong,
Congratulations on getting a job so quickly!
We are heading to Brisbane so I'll contact those agencies when we get there as well.
Where in Brissie are you living???
Glad you're settling in and enjoying it!
Shell
Hi Shell,

We are up in Scarborough on the Redcliffe Peninsula which is about 35 mins north of Brisbane CBD. We love it up here as you get the coastal breezes and the place is just really nice.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 12:42 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Shell,

We are up in Scarborough on the Redcliffe Peninsula which is about 35 mins north of Brisbane CBD. We love it up here as you get the coastal breezes and the place is just really nice.

Hi Billabong,
We went to Brissie in June to look around and we loved Redcliffe. The lagoon was fab and we were thinking about renting there, but their are no trains and only the one road/bridge in. Does it get really congested over the river into Brisbane CBD, or is it ok???
Shell
Old Oct 24th 2004, 6:51 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Billabong

Well done and congratulations on getting the new job. Plenty of celebrations eh
Hope it all goes well for you.

Ang
Old Oct 24th 2004, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Billabong,
We went to Brissie in June to look around and we loved Redcliffe. The lagoon was fab and we were thinking about renting there, but their are no trains and only the one road/bridge in. Does it get really congested over the river into Brisbane CBD, or is it ok???
Shell
There are plans for a railway line to Redcliffe. I don't know how advanced they are though.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.