Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got a job (though not the one I went for!!)

Got a job (though not the one I went for!!)

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:52 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Got a job (though not the one I went for!!)

Thanks again everyone... much appreciated.

The company plans to expand again in about 4 months time, so anybody looking for a job in investment finance after Christmas let me know

Chris - I'm pretty sure the girls will still be drinking in November, whereabouts is it you're heading to?
Old Sep 24th 2004, 9:41 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Whoooooooo-hooo!!! Got me a job, though not the one I went for!

Went for a job today for a Treasury Manager for a Kiwi finance company that are setting up in Brisbane, wasn't too sure about the interview but was told I'd hear by tomorrow.

Just got a call saying that I'd be perfect for the job and had "amazed them" in the interview BUT they want to create a role for me instead. I'll be the manager of the role I went for (plus a couple others) and basically run the office when the Exec Director is out of it. They offered me more than I asked for and as if all that isn't good enough, I get a weeks paid trip to Auckland to meet the office over there and get a bit of hands on experience.

Very happy Job starts in 3 weeks as well, so I still have a couple of weeks to wind out of holiday mode!

Yiiipppppppppppppppppeeeee.... off to get a beer
Hi Michelle
Remember me? Well done on the job!! Ive been here now about 5 weeks here in Perth and settling in well. Getting married Saturday week, so wish me well hehe!
Hoping to look for work after the honeymoon, so if anybody out there in Perth wants some gardening done, email me!

Old Sep 24th 2004, 9:50 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Whoooooooo-hooo!!! Got me a job, though not the one I went for!

Went for a job today for a Treasury Manager for a Kiwi finance company that are setting up in Brisbane, wasn't too sure about the interview but was told I'd hear by tomorrow.

Just got a call saying that I'd be perfect for the job and had "amazed them" in the interview BUT they want to create a role for me instead. I'll be the manager of the role I went for (plus a couple others) and basically run the office when the Exec Director is out of it. They offered me more than I asked for and as if all that isn't good enough, I get a weeks paid trip to Auckland to meet the office over there and get a bit of hands on experience.

Very happy Job starts in 3 weeks as well, so I still have a couple of weeks to wind out of holiday mode!

Yiiipppppppppppppppppeeeee.... off to get a beer
Well done and congrats.

Good job you didn't listen to us lot and take that other job last week

Have agreat trip away

Kala
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:28 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Hi Michelle
Remember me? Well done on the job!! Ive been here now about 5 weeks here in Perth and settling in well. Getting married Saturday week, so wish me well hehe!
Hoping to look for work after the honeymoon, so if anybody out there in Perth wants some gardening done, email me!

'course I remember you... you used to live just down the road from me

Bestest luck in the world for your wedding, hope everything goes really well for you both - I look fwd to seeing some piccies up on here.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:30 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by kala
Well done and congrats.

Good job you didn't listen to us lot and take that other job last week

Have agreat trip away

Kala

Isn't it just

Eitherway a new job is a good excuse for some shopping to be done I think....
Old Sep 24th 2004, 2:10 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Smile Re: Got a job (though not the one I went for!!)

Thanks again everyone... much appreciated.

The company plans to expand again in about 4 months time, so anybody looking for a job in investment finance after Christmas let me know

Chris - I'm pretty sure the girls will still be drinking in November, whereabouts is it you're heading to?
We're heading for The Gap, Michelle. That's where I'm from before coming over here last year. And I will be looking for work, so might have to talk to you about that when I get back!

Look forward to seeing you sometime.

Cheers,
Chris
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

[QUOTE=ProofReader]Wooooohooooo!!

[]
Hi Chris, chucked the job? and out in November? Jealous!!!!