Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got the job, now for the hard part, help...

Got the job, now for the hard part, help...

Old Apr 27th 2005, 4:34 pm
FVC
Forum Regular

FVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the rough
Default Got the job, now for the hard part, help...

Hi

My husband has just been offered job with an Australian Company on a long stay temporary visa, thats the easy part.

While the Company sorts out their migration consultant, they has asked us to start the police and medical check process. We will not be using an agent ourselves and I just want some help on where I start first.

Could anybody give me some advice of who we need to contact, if there are forms we can fill in etc...

Thanks, any help is much appreciated
Old Apr 27th 2005, 4:50 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Got the job, now for the hard part, help...

Originally Posted by FVC
Hi

My husband has just been offered job with an Australian Company on a long stay temporary visa, thats the easy part.

While the Company sorts out their migration consultant, they has asked us to start the police and medical check process. We will not be using an agent ourselves and I just want some help on where I start first.

Could anybody give me some advice of who we need to contact, if there are forms we can fill in etc...

Thanks, any help is much appreciated
Good place to start...

http://www.immi.gov.au/

R.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Got the job, now for the hard part, help...

For details on the doctors and radiologists that are available in the UK (and electronic copies of the forms) click here

For police checks you need a data protection access form which is normally available from the website of your local police force or otherwise your local police station should be able to tell you how to get one. This costs £10 and by law has to be back within 40 days from the receipt of your request (although it's often back quicker.

HTH
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got the job, now for the hard part, help...

Originally Posted by FVC
Hi

Have you asked if they will sponsor for a permanent visa, and if not, why not?

The following is essential reading if you are contemplating a temporary visa (lots of people get into a total mess on this one if plans do not work out):
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266447

Jeremy