Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

got a house in wakerley

got a house in wakerley

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 2:57 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default got a house in wakerley

hello iv been here now 12 days altogether now been staying with scissors and gsb who will pleased to know that we now have a rental

its in wakerley so if any one wants to pop round for a cuppa or glass of wine drop me a pm and i will give you my address and moby number

we were originally going for a house in cleaveland but the owners pulled out this morning.
mark had a interview last mon and got the job along with a company ute so that saves us from buying a car and gives us some cash to buy furniture with too
just need to find a school for james who is 7 and i think i might start doing a bit of work myself so if anyone in the wakerley area needs a hairdresser let me know
well im off to buy a fridge and washer now and some camping chairs lol
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 3:33 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got a house in wakerley

Originally Posted by kelli28
hello iv been here now 12 days altogether now been staying with scissors and gsb who will pleased to know that we now have a rental

its in wakerley so if any one wants to pop round for a cuppa or glass of wine drop me a pm and i will give you my address and moby number

we were originally going for a house in cleaveland but the owners pulled out this morning.
mark had a interview last mon and got the job along with a company ute so that saves us from buying a car and gives us some cash to buy furniture with too
just need to find a school for james who is 7 and i think i might start doing a bit of work myself so if anyone in the wakerley area needs a hairdresser let me know
Hey kelli, Im just off this afternoon to take the kids to the hairdressers at Capalaba - bugger .

Have sent you a PM .
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:49 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got something sorted, didnt know you were a hairdresser too! Hope you manage to find a school you like for James.

Carol(Mrs s)
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

its been our pleasure kerry,we ve all got on really well its been nice having you here,i ll be dropping by for a cuppa

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:13 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Glad you got something sorted, didnt know you were a hairdresser too! Hope you manage to find a school you like for James.

Carol(Mrs s)
hi carol
i think gumdale school is supposed to be ok and you would never guess i was a hairdresser by the state of my mop im certainly no advert for good hair
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:58 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

hi carol
i think gumdale school is supposed to be ok and you would never guess i was a hairdresser by the state of my mop im certainly no advert for good hair
Hi Kelli, Gumdale state school used to be a really small country type school & had a great reputation. Unfortunately its now grown quite large in the last 2 years because of all the new estates between New Cleveland Rd & Manly Rd. I havent heard any bad reports about it, but I do sometimes wonder with the large influx of students how they have coped infrasructure-wise & with materials & things like computers in the classroom.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya hun

Glad your getting things sorted all the best for your move to your new home

Sue x
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:51 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kerry send me your moby number and address and Ill call over sometime for defo. Its a great thing finding your own place but I know for certain that you are welcome to stay as long as you like at Tracey and Gary's they have loved having you.

Anyway mate good luck with the move and hope things go well for you. Wish Mark all the best in the job for Monday.

See you soon
Ang
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Lovely to meet you last week and well done on the house, glad it didn't take you as long as us... .. I won't be crying in any more carparks as we get the keys to ours tomorrow and our container is being delivered on Monday..

Hope to see you soon... my baby could do with a hair cut as he keeps getting mistaken for a girl!!!

Good luck with home, jobs and school!!!...

Julie
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hi Kelli, Gumdale state school used to be a really small country type school & had a great reputation. Unfortunately its now grown quite large in the last 2 years because of all the new estates between New Cleveland Rd & Manly Rd. I havent heard any bad reports about it, but I do sometimes wonder with the large influx of students how they have coped infrasructure-wise & with materials & things like computers in the classroom.
we paid a vist to the school and it seems really nice its still small in my opinion james will be the 7th boy in the mixed yr 2/3 group and i think its great that the kids can use the computers to email mum and dad through the day and i can also email the teacher with any Qs i want to ask.
the teacher showed us some of the kids work and it all seemed good much better than i was lead to belive of the standerd in state schools
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Lovely to meet you last week and well done on the house, glad it didn't take you as long as us... .. I won't be crying in any more carparks as we get the keys to ours tomorrow and our container is being delivered on Monday..

Hope to see you soon... my baby could do with a hair cut as he keeps getting mistaken for a girl!!!

Good luck with home, jobs and school!!!...

Julie
hi julie i was'ent far from crying myself its been a nightmare trying to find somewhere but your famous now lol. we will have to vist you over there as we didint get our pool we can just come and borrow yours hope you settle in ok see you soon kerryxx
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:42 pm
Rocket Scientist

we paid a vist to the school and it seems really nice its still small in my opinion james will be the 7th boy in the mixed yr 2/3 group and i think its great that the kids can use the computers to email mum and dad through the day and i can also email the teacher with any Qs i want to ask.
the teacher showed us some of the kids work and it all seemed good much better than i was lead to belive of the standerd in state schools
Hey Kerry, is James in year2 then? or Year 3? He must be about the same age as our boys, they are in Year 2 at Manly West State (which is just up the road from Wakerley - they started preschool at MW instead of Gumdale which was actually a fraction closer)
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:48 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

hi carol
lol...you have only just arrived I am sure your hair is the last thing on your mind! When you are settled let me know, it would be good for my 7 yr old to meet up with yours, hope the move goes well...pm me your number and we can arrange a date...and if you need a lift to lunch (if you fancy coming) then feel free to call.

Carol
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Kerry.

For some reason I totally missed this post . I guessed from your email that you must have got somewhere. It's a shame about the house in Cleveland but you've done really well getting somewhere so quick . You'll have to post some piccies of the new place as soon as you get sorted.

Will hopefully catch up with you soon, have fun with all your shopping

Tracey