British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   ...got an envelope through the post today!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/got-envelope-through-post-today-174994/)

scutterUK Aug 28th 2003 9:48 am

...got an envelope through the post today!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

baggah! got caught speeding again!!! 80mph down the M180! that's not speeding! That's going with the flow..:zzz: oh well...

this begs the questions, what happens to licence endorsements when moving to auz? a silly question i know, but i just wanted to make sure.

I'm planning on living in Canberra. i know i just have to take a written test before 3 months but i'm hoping they don't look as far down the licence as my endorsements. ;)

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm sure i'm not the only one moving over there with those black marks on my licence.

Leigh

yvsie Aug 28th 2003 9:58 am

tut tut leigh!!!!

I have 3 points on my licence and was told that I can leave em here if you know what I mean...
they dont count in oz yee haaaa

lucky boy!

correct me if im wrong people.....im off to WA as you all know..so maybe in canberra??!!:confused: :confused:

cresta57 Aug 28th 2003 10:00 am

Re: ...got an envelope through the post today!!!!

Originally posted by scutterUK
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

baggah! got caught speeding again!!! 80mph down the M180! that's not speeding! That's going with the flow..:zzz: oh well...

this begs the questions, what happens to licence endorsements when moving to auz? a silly question i know, but i just wanted to make sure.

I'm planning on living in Canberra. i know i just have to take a written test before 3 months but i'm hoping they don't look as far down the licence as my endorsements. ;)

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm sure i'm not the only one moving over there with those black marks on my licence.

Leigh

Sorry to hear about your speeding fine Leigh. You need to do at least 80mph down the 180 to stop yourself from falling to sleep. More so probably the A180 most boring road in the world, they've even done studies on it!!!!!!!:lecture:

bondipom Aug 28th 2003 10:08 am

Police here are worse. During public holidays they have double de merits where in theory you could lose your license by speeding and having a couple of passengers not wearing seat belts.

I think it is $180 for doing 20 km/h over the limit. Speed traps are all ove the place and are placed to catch people.

To convert a UK license in NSW you only have to pass an electronic knowledge test unless you are young or haven't been driving long. Then you might have to get P plates and pass other tests.

scutterUK Aug 28th 2003 10:24 am

i've been a bad wikkle boy.

yeah the m180 is soooooooo boring. it only gets exciting when you go over the trent..... :scared: (LOOK WATER!! OMG!), then you're back to the boring bit again. Even the sunday drivers go faster than 70!

hi cresta, i feel sorry for you grimsby folk, yes, the A180 is a lot worse than the m180. at least on the m180 you get 3 lanes to play on.. ;) Aparently they're having a clamp down on speeding in north lincs, or is that a push in tax collection? no i didn't say that.

So when i move to auz i should loose all my points, well it's only these 3 so far, but i had a 60 day ban a few years back, which keeps coming round to haunt me.

I heard the auz police are a lot worse than here in the UK. i think i'll have to buy myself a scooter and a 1.lt diesel (no turbo!) corsa, or whatever holden call them over there.... anyone want to buy a BMWr1150r and a 2lt. vectra?

:scared:

thanks for the info folks.