Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got the " 4 days to go jitters"

Wikiposts

Got the " 4 days to go jitters"

Old Apr 29th 2003, 9:38 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Got the " 4 days to go jitters"

Uh-oh,must be getting in touch with my feminine side.The old bottom lip keeps quivering-should stop reading messages from friends and family-why don't they tell you this stuff when you're alive ?Jesus,I reckon Wayne sleep could beat me up at the mo !
Not eating or sleeping much-perhaps I should stop staying sober.
Putting photos in with BB jnr's thankyou cards-wow,he's got some great friends who'll miss him.
Would appreciate comments from those who've had these feelings-with so many good friends and family here,why should you up and leave 'em all ?

BB-must kick buttsniffer round the garden-that'll sort me out.
Old Apr 29th 2003, 9:46 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Got the " 4 days to go jitters"

Originally posted by baldbutts
Uh-oh,must be getting in touch with my feminine side.The old bottom lip keeps quivering-should stop reading messages from friends and family-why don't they tell you this stuff when you're alive ?Jesus,I reckon Wayne sleep could beat me up at the mo !
Putting photos in with BB jnr's thankyou cards-wow,he's got some great friends who'll miss him.
Would appreciate comments from those who've had these feelings-with so many good friends and family here,why should you up and leave 'em all ?

remember BB on the plane stay away from chinamen , with hankies or masks on.........MM
Old Apr 29th 2003, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: Got the " 4 days to go jitters"

Hi Baldbutts
uh-oh! know exactly what you mean, only 27 days left for us, are these feelings starting too early!!!!! started blubbing already when I realise I won't see some friends again, everyone is being so nice!!!!!! maybe they want us to go!!!!! Good friends are looking forward to their holiday in Oz,
My parents have decided not to come to the airport to see us off, which is good as I would rather it was just us, don't want all those tears!!!!!!

Looks like we will exchange contracts before we go, looking forward to a fresh start.

Hope everything goes ok for you, good luck
Dave Yve

:scared:
Old Apr 29th 2003, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

millertime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swap?!

Hi there - The jitters must be natural! I have only been lucky enough to get over to Oz/NZ for a year and I remember the butterflies for that! But now I would swap places with you any day! We are desperate to get back over and exhausting every avenue at the moment!

Good luck and just remember how many envious people there are out there!
Old Apr 29th 2003, 9:48 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Uh-oh,must be getting in touch with my feminine side.The old bottom lip keeps quivering-should stop reading messages from friends and family-why don't they tell you this stuff when you're alive ?
Wouldn't be human if it wasn't happening - personally I recommend alcohol - the great healer.
Old Apr 29th 2003, 9:49 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: Swap?!

hi Millertime
you a Wolves fan by any chance ?

I'll be back tomorrow,keeping the PC till Friday,must try to sleep.hopefully read more p***taking then

BB-what'll I be like with 3 days to go ?

Last edited by baldbutts; Apr 29th 2003 at 9:55 am.
Old Apr 29th 2003, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

millertime is an unknown quantity at this point

Meaning Kenny Miller?

Well I am from that area originally but been in Scotland for the past 8 or 9 years.

Millertime........the beer! Its Millertime on a friday as soon as I have finished work!
Old Apr 29th 2003, 10:12 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think you'd admit to being beaten around the ring by mr Sleep Mark but still whatever floats your boat.
Sean
PS get on the plane you big jesse
Old Apr 29th 2003, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey BB,

Kinda gettin a bit jealous here. All you guys are suddenly jetting off and all we can manage is a validation trip. Boo Hoo!

As for words of wisdom (Doh!!!) That's about it, except have the time of your life.

Cheers and take good care of yourself and that brood of yours.

Keep posting

Ginny
Old Apr 29th 2003, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

amy&matt is an unknown quantity at this point

BB - a few drinks & you'll be sorted

just remember you won't have to see your in-laws much now
Old Apr 29th 2003, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

geehaf is an unknown quantity at this point

BB,
Understand EXACTLY what you are feeling. Me and the wife are due to leave the good old Uk on 15th May. We both finished work on Friday last week and now are unemployed...Just sorting the last few things (definite dates for packers, car booting etc) and still hoping somebody will buy our house (been on market since start of Feb but no takers). However, the real hard bit has been seeing friends around the country for the "last time for a while".
Am sure you've asked yourself the question , "what the ***** am I doing, leaving all these great mates, support network etc etc ?" I know we have but we also keep thinking,"imagine getting this far into the PR process and then NOT going?" I reckon once you've touched down in Oz things will seem different (that's what we're hoping for!). Remember, it's the things we DON'T DO that we regret not the things we DO! (old chinese proverb...wise old man type saying )
Good luck and promise to post back here when you're back online!

Gee
(2 weeks until the start of a 4 month camper van trip around Oz then settling in either Melb or Syd....)

Old Apr 29th 2003, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BB & family

Not long to go now another day closer than yesterday. Don`t worry about the quivering lip alchohol will sort that out.

Take care and have a wonderful trip and enjoy your new lives.

footie chick
Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BB and family,
Have enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to hearing more from you when you have passed over to the other side (of the world of course).

Am hoping to be out there soon (along with the rest of the family).

Have a drink or few to calm your nerves purely medicinal you understand.

Good luck
Old Apr 30th 2003, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

Can is just say that when you get here- as long as you have some pals to meet up with- you really dont give a toss about what you felt before. It's like you never went through it- the 2 year wait, the house sale, the good byes. I dunno- I know i am lucky but even Deano will tell you- a beer fridge full of piss and a crop in the garden is a great healer!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2003, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Having just gone through it, it's all worth it. Don't look back! It's brilliant so far. The saying goodbye is hard but once you get here it's all so new and exciting you don't have time to think about it. The homesickness will come in time I'm sure, but for now it's FANTASTIC!

Enjoy it and if you fancy meeting up give us a shout!

Loopy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.