British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Got it!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/got-291534/)

storerg Mar 21st 2005 9:48 pm

Got it!!!!!!

Got the long awaited email from ASPC, 45 mins ago unbeliveable!!! Just cracked open a bottle of wine, Oz of course. :beer: :beer: :beer:

For those that are interested this was my time line.

Mar 21, 2005 Got It
Mar 2, 2005 Police Certificates Sent
Feb 25, 2005 Medicals Sent
Feb 18, 2005 Medical & X-Ray Booked
Feb 16, 2005 Request for Police Check sent to Police
Feb 14, 2005 Police and Medicals Requested
Dec 10, 2004 Credit Card Charged

Springo Mar 21st 2005 9:49 pm

Re: Got it!!!!!!

Congratulations it must be a great feeling, good luck

Julia

fraser Mar 21st 2005 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by storerg
Got the long awaited email from ASPC, 45 mins ago unbeliveable!!! Just cracked open a bottle of wine, Oz of course. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Mar 21, 2005 Got It

Congratulations, which visa :beer:

MrFlibbleUK Mar 21st 2005 9:53 pm

Well done!!! let the alchohol commence!! :beer:

storerg Mar 21st 2005 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
Congratulations, which visa :beer:

Time line is in the original post, visa was Skilled - Independent, Class BN Sub-Class 136, my full time line is on http://www.austimeline.com, as storerg. :beer: :beer: :beer:

fraser Mar 21st 2005 9:56 pm

Time line is in the original post, visa was Skilled - Independent, Class BN Sub-Class 136, my full time line is on http://www.austimeline.com, as storerg. :beer: :beer: :beer:

That's scarey I'm STNI and if you look at my timeline it almost mirrors yours :scared:

storerg Mar 21st 2005 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Well done!!! let the alchohol commence!! :beer:

It has, but saving the big beers tomorrow!! :beer:

fozzie Mar 21st 2005 9:57 pm

Congratulations! Well Done!! :beer: :beer: Enjoy

Michelle :)

storerg Mar 21st 2005 9:58 pm

That's scarey I'm STNI and if you look at my timeline it almost mirrors yours :scared:

Any day now for you then!!

fraser Mar 21st 2005 10:00 pm

Any day now for you then!!

Here's hoping :D

samjam Mar 21st 2005 10:10 pm

Here's hoping :D

Congratulations with that !!If anyone out there is reading this that can help me, I would really appreciate it! I got my job in August with Canberra Social work team, we are awaiting DIMIA getting back to us with our sponsorship stuff which they say should be finalised soon. We (my hubby and 4 kids) are going on regional sponsored migration with perm visas. My question is this ; How long can I reasonably expect to wait for our Visa to come through after sponsorship is finalised? My Husband is more pessimistic than I but we are all desperate to move as soon as possible now our mind is set it feels like we are all in limbo.
Hope somebody may be able to help
Kel

chatty34 Mar 21st 2005 10:14 pm

Mar 21, 2005 Got It

Congratulations!! :beer: :beer:

RockHopper Mar 21st 2005 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by samjam
Congratulations with that !!If anyone out there is reading this that can help me, I would really appreciate it! I got my job in August with Canberra Social work team, we are awaiting DIMIA getting back to us with our sponsorship stuff which they say should be finalised soon. We (my hubby and 4 kids) are going on regional sponsored migration with perm visas. My question is this ; How long can I reasonably expect to wait for our Visa to come through after sponsorship is finalised? My Husband is more pessimistic than I but we are all desperate to move as soon as possible now our mind is set it feels like we are all in limbo.
Hope somebody may be able to help
Kel

Great news, more people heading to Canberra. I have been sponsored and will be heading out in May 05, the sponsorship process was as follows: the paperwork went in from the employer to DIMIA Canberra in Nov 04, we submitted our paperwork to the London office in Dec 04 and we received the visa's begining of Feb 05. All should be done and dusted within about 4 months - providing your paperwork and items required by DIMIA are OK'd and of course medicals are clear.

samjam Mar 21st 2005 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by RockHopper
Great news, more people heading to Canberra. I have been sponsored and will be heading out in May 05, the sponsorship process was as follows: the paperwork went in from the employer to DIMIA Canberra in Nov 04, we submitted our paperwork to the London office in Dec 04 and we received the visa's begining of Feb 05. All should be done and dusted within about 4 months - providing your paperwork and items required by DIMIA are OK'd and of course medicals are clear.

WOW that sounds great ! Are you a social worker by any chance cause there is loads of us going?

RockHopper Mar 21st 2005 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by samjam
WOW that sounds great ! Are you a social worker by any chance cause there is loads of us going?

Sorry no, I am going to be working within the department of defence at HMAS Harman.

Regards