British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   got it!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/got-266988/)

lauralollipop Nov 17th 2004 8:44 am

got it!!!!!!

hello everyone

Just found out 5 minuites ago that jonathan has been offered the job in Sydney!!!!

We havent accepted it yet as she hasnt told us package yet, but she has said that they want him to work for them and are in the process of putting together an offer to make him!!!!
(hope its a good one)

OMG,OMG!!! I cannot believe it.......i'm scared now....

love laura
xxxxx

scissors Nov 17th 2004 8:51 am

Re: got it!!!!!!

laura, thats brilliant,really pleased for you both,so its sydney them,bet your climbing the walls know, let me know when you get down from that cei :D ling,lol :) be good to get together again.

teacey.

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hello everyone

Just found out 5 minuites ago that jonathan has been offered the job in Sydney!!!!

We havent accepted it yet as she hasnt told us package yet, but she has said that they want him to work for them and are in the process of putting together an offer to make him!!!!
(hope its a good one)

love laura
xxxxx

artep Nov 17th 2004 8:52 am

Congratulations Laura!!!!

Hope the job offer for Jonathan's a good one!!

celebrations tonight then huh??? :D :beer:

Cheeky Nov 17th 2004 8:53 am

OMG Laura!!!!!

Thats brill news!!!

Congratulations to you and jc!! :) Hope it a good offer/package, well its looked good so far!

Im really pleased for you both!!

Heres to your new life down under :beer:

Good luck guys!!
Cheeky :D

badri Nov 17th 2004 8:55 am

hello everyone

(hope its a good one)

love laura
xxxxx

Congrats !!!

Good for ya.

Badri

swissfabs Nov 17th 2004 8:57 am

HOW FANTASTIC!!! yipppppieeee!

lauralollipop Nov 17th 2004 8:59 am

thanks guys, youre all fab!

I feel sick, i dont know what to do first!!!!

Had lots of things to do today, but now everything seems pointless, OMG, OMG!!!!

I need to ring Golden Arrow first as i need to get Montu arranged asap, as they are gonna want us there end jan, beg feb, i cant leave montu.....i'll ring them now!!!

I need to sort out the house and get it on the market, or should i rent it out????OMG,OMG!!!

Even though i was kinda expecting it, i feel totally in shock and unprepared eergghh!!!

I';m gonna be wreked at the leeds meet :beer:
laura
xxxxx

lauralollipop Nov 17th 2004 9:01 am

its times like this when i wish i was on get a new life, so them re-locators could sort out all the stuff for me, as i am in shell shock!! :eek:

laura :)

scissors Nov 17th 2004 9:07 am

leaving party :D we ll have to arrange summut you guys out there :beer:

tracey.

lauralollipop Nov 17th 2004 9:17 am

Originally Posted by scissors
leaving party :D we ll have to arrange summut you guys out there :beer:

tracey.

yes defo tracy

i need to go and walk montu and clear my head and ring people.

OMG,OMG!!

I'll be back soon, when i have calmed down as i cant type as shaking too much

laura
xxxx

Three Legs Nov 17th 2004 9:19 am

Struth, 'Gerrin there cobber...

Congrats on J's job offer...sounds great.

Good luck with all.

Three Legs

;)

hello everyone

(hope its a good one)

love laura
xxxxx

DollyDaydream Nov 17th 2004 9:20 am

hello everyone

(hope its a good one)

love laura
xxxxx

Well done you two!!!

Fantastic news.

Is it Sydney or Melbourne? You've probably mentioned it on another thread and I've missed it!

Montu will be fine.

D D

Jonahs_mummy Nov 17th 2004 9:26 am

hello everyone

(hope its a good one)

love laura
xxxxx

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! That is great!! WOW!!!

Love Claire, Steve & jo

lynnlovessun Nov 17th 2004 9:37 am

Congrats to Laura and Jonathan!!!! & Montu!!!!!!

So are you def using Golden Arrow shippers for Montu?

Let me know the process you have to go through so I can follow it, even start a new thread about Montu.

So pleased for you again!!!!

Lynn x :D

thpinkpussycat Nov 17th 2004 9:38 am

hello everyone

(hope its a good one)

love laura
xxxxx

Laura :D

Well done to you and JC. I hope they make him a good offer, how soon do you think you will to out there? :)

lauralollipop Nov 17th 2004 10:01 am

many thanks

i am going to call goldon arrow now about montu now and see what they say, so i will do a thread about her and everything that happens as i know how we all worry about our pets.

think the job offer is sydney as that is what we asked for, although the email we received doesnt specify this, so fingers x'd as i dont really fancy melbourne, although we will probley take it anyway if thats all they will offer....

i will keep you all updated on the nightmare of trying to sort out my house, montu and everything else as i am sure it might come in useful for somepoeple on the site, and i want to return as much help to others as i recieved myself from this forum.....

laura
xx

lynnlovessun Nov 17th 2004 10:05 am

I'm a bit like that now. Althought I am starting the application for permenent residency visa, the way I am feeling is that if someone just offfered me or Marc a job I would just go on a sponsored visa to get there quicker!!! I would only do that if it was the absolute right job though (for me community nursing) and for Marc a post as good as the one he's got here!

Keep us posted Laura!

Lynn :)

ireland Nov 17th 2004 10:13 am

Well done enjoy down under love ireland

lauralollipop Nov 17th 2004 10:14 am

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
I'm a bit like that now. Althought I am starting the application for permenent residency visa, the way I am feeling is that if someone just offfered me or Marc a job I would just go on a sponsored visa to get there quicker!!! I would only do that if it was the absolute right job though (for me community nursing) and for Marc a post as good as the one he's got here!

Keep us posted Laura!

Lynn :)

yea, i know what you mean...we had our plan and didnt even consider going to aus until i finished my course.... then just out of the blue we got this, its turned everything upside down, but what the hell lifes too short (i was begining to think i had bitten off more than i could chew at uni by doing a joint degree), so i am going to take 2 years out from study and work in aus to decide what i really want, then continue my study in aus when we have citizenship.

I am going to try and get a job in the community in aus, as thats what i fancy or working in a special needs school.

We felt like here we were just plodding along wishing the years away, so we now have the chance to change all that and just take a chance....

I just rang golden arrow, they were lovley and said only need 6 weeks notice to get all sorted and they are sending me out the info.....

laura
xxx

Go Banana's !! Nov 17th 2004 10:24 am

hello everyone

(hope its a good one)

love laura
xxxxx

Really pleased for both of you.

Good luck and best wishes

Warren & Jill

lauralollipop Nov 17th 2004 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Really pleased for both of you.

Good luck and best wishes

Warren & Jill

thanks warren, jill and ireland, how long does it take to get over the inital shock when you first find out??
OMG,OMG!!

i need to start functioning properley again soon as i have so much to do today!!!!!

I am on cloud nine!!! :)

laura
xx

steandleigh Nov 17th 2004 10:39 am

Congratulations And Good Luck!!!!! :)

philian4 Nov 17th 2004 11:35 am

Congratulations to you both.......love your attitude to life!

Here's hoping it's a great job offer!

Phil et al x :D

lauralollipop Nov 17th 2004 11:41 am

Originally Posted by philian4
Congratulations to you both.......love your attitude to life!

Here's hoping it's a great job offer!

Phil et al x :D

cheers phil,

Yes lets hope it is a good offer, (even though jc has decided that we will take it anyway) LOL :p

he is dying to get in that lovely warm water to surf, and i am getting a new board, a pink one, as soon as we get there. Well we have to get our priorities right dont we LOL :D

Laura
x

philian4 Nov 17th 2004 11:50 am

cheers phil,

Yes lets hope it is a good offer, (even though jc has decided that we will take it anyway) LOL :p

he is dying to get in that lovely warm water to surf, and i am getting a new board, a pink one, as soon as we get there. Well we have to get our priorities right dont we LOL :D

Laura
x

Of course.......blimey, what use is a decent job offer if your surf board's the wrong colour????!!!! :D

So excited for you!

lauralollipop Nov 17th 2004 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by philian4
Of course.......blimey, what use is a decent job offer if your surf board's the wrong colour????!!!! :D

So excited for you!

i agree! LOL

cant wait........

laura
x

worzel Nov 17th 2004 12:52 pm

i agree! LOL

cant wait........

laura
x

Congratulations! Now get off this site, you have too much stuff to do :D

Sue2 Nov 17th 2004 1:08 pm

Great news!!! :beer: Congratulations

Keep us posted

Sue :)

lauralollipop Nov 17th 2004 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by worzel
Congratulations! Now get off this site, you have too much stuff to do :D

youre telling me!!

I cant resist to keep comming back on for a quick peek.......its soo bloody addictive, i dont know what i hope to find so urgently, and whay i cant wait till tonight to cheek it then.... ;)

right, im going now...honest

laura
x

gsb Nov 17th 2004 10:22 pm

Hi Laura

That is great news.

You should be in a good position to barter. I mean they have said they want him and have not presented anything. I would be surprised if there was no flxibility in their offer....go go for it!!!

Really pleased for you both.

That does not mean you can miss the Leeds meet you know...... :D

Gary

hello everyone

(hope its a good one)

love laura
xxxxx

jimtrish Nov 17th 2004 10:46 pm

hello everyone

(hope its a good one)

love laura
xxxxx

good on ya laura,
well done mate and hope you get the deal you want, if its not right...badger them for what you want.

well done!
Trish
xx

lauralollipop Nov 18th 2004 8:10 am

gsb,

no i wont miss the leeds meet as they dont want him to start till after xmas....so dont you worry LOL! :D

but i am scared now as she asked us on the email if she could contact the references before making the offer.

JC replied saying could contact his previous employer but could she not contact his current employer till offer had been made and accepted, as his boss doesnt know of his plans and should anything go wrong with meds,visas etc he didnt want to take the risk of being unemployed. He stated that he would understand that the offer would be subject to satisfactory refs from his current employer, but also said that he was confident he would recieve a good reference from him.........

anyways, we checked this morning and there was no reply.....its nighttime now in melbourne where this person is based at, and so looks like wont get a reply till late tonight or tomoorw morning, but i'm scared.........

did we do the right thing???? :confused:

laura
x

jimtrish Nov 18th 2004 8:47 am

gsb,

no i wont miss the leeds meet as they dont want him to start till after xmas....so dont you worry LOL! :D

but i am scared now as she asked us on the email if she could contact the references before making the offer.

JC replied saying could contact his previous employer but could she not contact his current employer till offer had been made and accepted, as his boss doesnt know of his plans and should anything go wrong with meds,visas etc he didnt want to take the risk of being unemployed. He stated that he would understand that the offer would be subject to satisfactory refs from his current employer, but also said that he was confident he would recieve a good reference from him.........

anyways, we checked this morning and there was no reply.....its nighttime now in melbourne where this person is based at, and so looks like wont get a reply till late tonight or tomoorw morning, but i'm scared.........

did we do the right thing???? :confused:

laura
x

laura,

if they want you then they will understand. hang on in there mate and if they value you, they will respect your wishes.
Trish x ;)

lauralollipop Nov 18th 2004 8:58 am

Originally Posted by jimtrish
laura,

if they want you then they will understand. hang on in there mate and if they value you, they will respect your wishes.
Trish x ;)

thanks trish. you are right, but you know what its like when you want something so much, you get well paranoid and impatient......

hopefully we might get a reply tonight......

laura
xxxx

lucyb Nov 18th 2004 8:59 am

hello everyone

(hope its a good one)

love laura
xxxxx

Brilliant news, honey!!! Im really pleased for you!

Lucy
xx

lauralollipop Nov 18th 2004 9:07 am

Originally Posted by lucyb
Brilliant news, honey!!! Im really pleased for you!

Lucy
xx

thanks lucy

i have sent you a PM hope it cheers u up a little :o

laura
xxxx

cadman Nov 18th 2004 9:25 am

Well done! :beer: