British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   got it..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/got-229805/)

jaruky May 10th 2004 6:46 pm

got it.....

Hi all,
not posted that often - but have regularly lurked to get loads of good info and feel as if I know quite a few of you.

Anyway - the yellow envelope arrived on Saturday morning - passports now sent and have arrived today in London.

Background/timeline for us -
Me and Hubby (both 37 - been to Australia before on 12 month working holiday - before the Kids - fell in love with the place and always said we would one day return) and 3 kids 12, 10 & 4yrs -

Applied for skilled ind. as Registered Nurse - no Agent (although looked at a couple)

ANC verification rec'd 20th Nov. '03
Acknowledgement of App rec'd as 19th Dec '03
Meds done without request 19th Feb - sent 2nd March
Police checks sent without request 2nd March, along with change of details form as we had renewed 2 of the kids passports
then heard nothing..........

so after 4 months from the acknowledgement date emailed Adelaide to see if they had rec'd info etc. as we were informed that priority processing are expected to take approximately 4 – 6 months.
Rec'd really nice email back (3rd May) saying that "nurses are the only occupation that we give priority processing to and your application should have been assessed on receipt.....and you can expect to receive some correspondence within two weeks"
8th May (5 days!) rec'd Yellow Envelope

House has been on the Market since September (we would move even if unsuccessful in application) - initially at the highest price - have started to reduce price (got a bottom limit!!) and have a second viewing with someone who is "really interested" tomorrow!!
Looking at moving to / near Brisbane, but not totally convinced yet, so may do some moving around when we get there?

What next??
Maybe I'll post a little more often - but will still lurk and take all the info i can from you guys - cheers
Jaruky

debsy May 10th 2004 6:48 pm

Congratulations. Stop lurking and and get posting:)

steandleigh May 10th 2004 6:51 pm

Congratulations on your great news!

:beer:

Keep posting, we need nice people!!!:)

jasper pentop May 10th 2004 6:53 pm

Well done - and without an agent! Congrats
:)

elbow May 10th 2004 6:53 pm

well done! I am still in the clouds after getting ours. Savour the moment.:cool: :D :)

nikkers May 10th 2004 6:57 pm

Congrats :D

I agree with everyone keep posting and let us know how things

go!!!

Nikki x

Pauline May 10th 2004 8:59 pm

Congratulations, all the best, hope the house sale and everything goes smoothly.

Good luck

:PARTY:

footie chick May 10th 2004 9:05 pm

Congratulations

footie chick