British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Got It!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/got-106854/)

Leeann Mar 5th 2002 3:07 pm

Got It!!!!

Hi All,

Like so many of you out I've been waiting to post this message.........

Received letter from AHC this morning our visa's been granted. We are so happy, although its been like waiting to be hung! I do feel for those of you that are still waiting, and hopefully your day will come soon when you also will be making this posting .

Just a little background for you prospective spouse applicants out there - Lodged application 29th Oct 2001 in person to AHC London.

Medicals/Police checks requested Dec 2001 - Sent January 2001

And today the final letter stating that we have to send in our passports to have visa's applied......

We must make our initial entry before 21 Dec 2002.

So this is it, next week we will be off to AHC to have the visa's applied. Will finally sink in once have it there in my hand.

To all of you waiting, it will be worth it once you have that letter in hand and the feeling...........sensational!!!

Thankyou to all of you for your wealth of knowledge and advice it has been invaluable.

Australia here we come..........................

Regards
Leeann + Jase

jet Mar 5th 2002 5:20 pm

Re: Got It!!!!

Hi Leeann, Congrats on getting your visa you must be wrapped...Where abouts in Aus are you heading for. I applied for a prospective spouse visa in December 2001 and am still waiting for requests for my medical but going on your dates hopefully I will hear something really soon. All the best Debs

Dean Chapman Mar 5th 2002 8:05 pm

Congratulations on the visa! A couple of questions: What visa did you apply for,
prospective spouse (fiancé), or spouse? Is your sponsor/nominator an Australian
Citizen or PR only? Were you granted a temporary spouse or permanent spouse visa?
Thanks, Dean and Karen (6 months and counting...)

"Leeann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Like so many of you out I've been waiting to post this message.........
    >
    > Received letter from AHC this morning our visa's been granted. We are so happy,
    > although its been like waiting to be hung! I do feel for those of you that are
    > still waiting, and hopefully your day will come soon when you also will be making
    > this posting .
    >
    > Just a little background for you prospective spouse applicants out there
    > - Lodged application 29th Oct 2001 in person to AHC London.
    >
    > Medicals/Police checks requested Dec 2001 - Sent January 2001
    >
    > And today the final letter stating that we have to send in our passports to have
    > visa's applied......
    >
    > We must make our initial entry before 21 Dec 2002.
    >
    > So this is it, next week we will be off to AHC to have the visa's applied. Will
    > finally sink in once have it there in my hand.
    >
    > To all of you waiting, it will be worth it once you have that letter in hand and
    > the feeling...........sensational!!!
    >
    > Thankyou to all of you for your wealth of knowledge and advice it has been
    > invaluable.
    >
    > Australia here we come..........................
    >
    > Regards Leeann + Jase
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Leea
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Leeann Mar 5th 2002 9:22 pm

Originally posted by jet
Hi Leeann, Congrats on getting your visa you must be wrapped...Where abouts in Aus are you heading for. I applied for a prospective spouse visa in December 2001 and am still waiting for requests for my medical but going on your dates hopefully I will hear something really soon. All the best Debs
Hi Debs,

We are heading for Castle Hill, NSW. Sky high house prices, (will probably be living in a shed in friends back garden!!). My hubby got job with same company he is employed with in Uk, which is situated about 40 mins away from Sydney. Good Luck, hopefully you wake up soon with that envelope on your floor.

Regards
Leeann + Jase

Leeann Mar 5th 2002 9:30 pm

Hi Dean & Karen,

Thanks! We applied for spouse visa. Jason was born in Australia so he applied for an Aussie passport. We then registered our daughter as an Aussie Citizen by descent and so she now holds dual nationality. Our visa is for permanent entry into Australia. The letter states that we have to live there 2 out of 5 years to enable us to apply for citizenship. Hope this helps anything else we can help you with just ask........Good Luck

Regards
Leeann + Jason

Originally posted by Dean Chapman
Congratulations on the visa! A couple of questions: What visa did you apply for,
prospective spouse (fiancé), or spouse? Is your sponsor/nominator an Australian
Citizen or PR only? Were you granted a temporary spouse or permanent spouse visa?
Thanks, Dean and Karen (6 months and counting...)

"Leeann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Hi All,</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>></font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Like so many of you out I've been waiting to post this message.........</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Received letter from AHC this morning our visa's been granted. We are so happy,</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> although its been like waiting to be hung! I do feel for those of you that are</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> still waiting, and hopefully your day will come soon when you also will be making</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> this posting .</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Just a little background for you prospective spouse applicants out there</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> - Lodged application 29th Oct 2001 in person to AHC London.</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Medicals/Police checks requested Dec 2001 - Sent January 2001</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> And today the final letter stating that we have to send in our passports to have</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> visa's applied......</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> We must make our initial entry before 21 Dec 2002.</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> So this is it, next week we will be off to AHC to have the visa's applied. Will</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> finally sink in once have it there in my hand.</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> To all of you waiting, it will be worth it once you have that letter in hand and</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> the feeling...........sensational!!!</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Thankyou to all of you for your wealth of knowledge and advice it has been</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> invaluable.</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Australia here we come..........................</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Regards Leeann + Jase</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> --</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Leea</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Posted via http://britishexpats.com</font></i>

Lynn-ann Mar 7th 2002 6:20 pm

Congratulations

We applied in Jan 2002 with medicals etc included.
My wife is Australian citizen.
Received acknowledgement Jan 23rd, so everything is crossed
and we eagerly wait the post each day but the suspense is driving us nuts.

Again congratulations and we just cant wait for that feeling.

Vaughan & Lynn

Leeann Mar 8th 2002 4:08 pm

thanks Vaughan & Lynn
Hopefully soon it will be me congratulating you on receiving your visa!!! I know the wait is awful but worth it
Leeann

Originally posted by Lynn-ann
Congratulations

We applied in Jan 2002 with medicals etc included.
My wife is Australian citizen.
Received acknowledgement Jan 23rd, so everything is crossed
and we eagerly wait the post each day but the suspense is driving us nuts.

Again congratulations and we just cant wait for that feeling.

Vaughan & Lynn

jet Mar 8th 2002 4:19 pm

Lynne, can I ask where you applied to and if it was London where did you get your medical forms from, I have looked on the download sites and they dont have the forms required for medicals outside of Australia. I applied for a prospective spouse visa in December and have received my acknowledgement but nothing else since. I am willing to get my medical and police check done in the hope of getting my visa speeded up because we get married in 23 weeks and I am so worried I wont be there in time to get it all organised. any advice would be greatfully received before i slit my wrists..lol

Lynn-ann Mar 11th 2002 6:53 pm

Hi Jet

We went to AHC in London in August last year to apply for Lynns Australian passport and picked up a migration pack at the same time. In this pack it had all the necessary forms including medical forms and information on all that would be required to apply.
It also contained a list of all panel doctors who will carry out the examinations in the UK. So we gathered everything together that would be required before applying at the beginning of January.
I guess they stopped giving out the forms after August last year.

I hope this helps a little and we wish you the very best of luck in your application and we hope the visa comes in time.

Vaughan & Lynn