Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Google Maps, Perth, (from space).

Google Maps, Perth, (from space).

Old Jun 27th 2005, 11:55 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Google Maps, Perth, (from space).

Same idea as the Brisbane one.

Double click on the area you want to look at, & it centres on that part of the map.
Then zoom in!

I can see one of my cats sitting on the wall in front of my house.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=-31...5051&t=k&hl=en

Cool stuff....
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:06 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Google Maps, Perth, (from space).

Originally Posted by Scossie

Double click on the area you want to look at, & it centres on that part of the map.
Then zoom in!

Cool stuff....
This is fantastic! Is there any way that you can enlarge the area of the image - i.e make it more square instead of the long strip (or if that just mine?)
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by NKSK
This is fantastic! Is there any way that you can enlarge the area of the image - i.e make it more square instead of the long strip (or if that just mine?)
or is that just mine
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:08 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

So wheres the pub we are going to onthe 15th Scossie?
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by NKSK

OK - done it - don't know how.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:33 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool!

Last edited by bridiej; Jun 27th 2005 at 12:38 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:37 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

My house is just a desert

Its amazing to see how quickly things change, i guess this must be around 4+ years old but some things are sooooo different!

Lynn
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:48 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie

Then zoom in!

Cool stuff....
I didn't click once and never got a good expansion of Perth.
It wasn't the place surrounded by inhabitation but we don't know that already.
It's a pretty crap programme though so I'm just glad they didn't do one for Cairns.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 3:49 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhh how cool!!!

I have just spent 2 hours making screen dumps of all the places I've lived, and all my friends houses I can find!! :-D
Oh yes, it doesn't take much to keep me entertained!

Zooming in on our neighbourhood:

Old Jun 27th 2005, 3:52 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 27th 2005, 3:55 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Places I've lived in the past:

Bidyadanga (2 hours south of Broome), can't zoom in as far.

Kalamunda:

Maida Vale:

Can't find Nullagine, as it's in the middle of nowhere, with no recognisable things to locate it with.

Can't zoom in very far to Bridgetown..
Old Jun 27th 2005, 3:58 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
So wheres the pub we are going to onthe 15th Scossie?
10 streets up from the river. 143 streets in from the ocean.
It's the one with the brown roof beside the tree!
You can't miss it..
Old Jun 27th 2005, 4:03 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Friends area's (not saying who lives where)

Duncraig #1

Duncraig #2 (nearly same area)

High Wycombe:

Butler.... rental(show home) visible, house now didn't exist yet, road didn't even!

Ballajura(not sure if I got this one right...):

Bunbury:

argh, really need to go to bed!!
Old Jun 27th 2005, 4:05 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by Bix
I didn't click once and never got a good expansion of Perth.
It wasn't the place surrounded by inhabitation but we don't know that already.
It's a pretty crap programme though so I'm just glad they didn't do one for Cairns.
I'm not glad that you're unhappy with my crap link.
I mustn't not think of some more that I can't post...
Old Jun 27th 2005, 9:59 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Kinda weird but every time i click on this or the brissy link Msn ( damn them ) shuts off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.