Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Goods not arriving today

Goods not arriving today

Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:52 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goods not arriving today

We had to ship out 220 cu ft of goods that did not fit into our container. It has all been arranged for delivery to our address today (got e-mail confirmation of this) I phoned this morning to check what time it would be arriving and was told this afternoon. Just had a phone call to say our goods are not even in Geraldton they are still in Perth and delivery will now not be until next Tuesday - I am really annoyed, can I claim anything back from them??

Last edited by Howard Jenings; Jun 24th 2009 at 4:55 am.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods not arriving today

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
We had to ship out 220 cu ft of goods that did not fit into our container. It has all been arranged for delivery to our address today (got e-mail confirmation of this) I phoned this morning to check what time it would be arriving and was told this afternoon. Just had a phone call to say our goods are not even in Geraldton they are still in Perth and delivery will now not be until next Tuesday - I am really annoyed, can I claim anything back from them??
Claim for what???
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Why is it that when the slightest thing happens people want to claim compensation??
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:04 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

So you think it is acceptable for this to happen? I have turned down a days relief teaching of $280 for this delivery to arrive.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

So you think it is acceptable for this to happen? I have turned down a days relief teaching of $280 for this delivery to arrive.
Then that is different. It is unacceptable and you should make sure they know you have lost money because of it. People are all too eager to claim for inconvenience these days when really although it is a pain in the arse they are generally not really inconvenienced. If you have been financially penalised then you should ensure they are told about it.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

I have turned down a days relief teaching of $280 for this delivery to arrive.
Ahh! If you had put that in your first post I would have understood why you were so angry. It led me to believe that you wanted compensation just because it was late arriving - the fact it cost you money puts a different light on it.

Sue em for every penny they have!!!