Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Goodness Crate-cious great balls of junk...

Goodness Crate-cious great balls of junk...

Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Goodness Crate-cious great balls of junk...

Just a quickie....am looking at shipping a few crates of stuff...i.e DVD's, photos, computer etc. Anyone got a rough idea on costs from UK to OZ? any recommendations on movers etc? I do remember a site some time back that did online quotes and you could choose all the items for each room you were shipping...am buggered if I can find it now!
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:43 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodness Crate-cious great balls of junk...

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Just a quickie....am looking at shipping a few crates of stuff...i.e DVD's, photos, computer etc. Anyone got a rough idea on costs from UK to OZ? any recommendations on movers etc? I do remember a site some time back that did online quotes and you could choose all the items for each room you were shipping...am buggered if I can find it now!
If you go to the top of the page and click search , type in shipping costs ...there are loads of threads on it ( i have just done it myself)
Good luck
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DIMO8
If you go to the top of the page and click search , type in shipping costs ...there are loads of threads on it ( i have just done it myself)
Good luck
Yeah did a search and it all seemed to be bodkins hiring half or whole a crate as opposed to just a few boxes.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:50 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah did a search and it all seemed to be bodkins hiring half or whole a crate as opposed to just a few boxes.
Oh right......i am sure there is someone here to help...good luck ( again )
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh right......i am sure there is someone here to help...good luck ( again )
Oops...being a spanner...looked a bit further on the search list and found some info. Cheers.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:56 pm

Oops...being a spanner...looked a bit further on the search list and found some info. Cheers.
Great stuff.....Let us know how you get on
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great stuff.....Let us know how you get on
Yep found someone who looks pretty good called 1st Contact Shipping who also do quotes. Time to update the figures on my assorted spreadsheets of doom!