Goodbyes

Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice
Default Goodbyes

Parents and sister left us last night after 2 weeks holiday here in Perth.Had the best time but found it hard with the weather been bad to entertain them all.
I wonder if we did the right thing coming out here 7 years ago.yes its a nice life here better house normally nice weather and more thing s for the kids but is that really worth taking the kids away from family,who they will only see every 3 years or so.
I really now don't think its worth it.Thanks for letting me whinge.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:57 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbyes

Originally Posted by shade8
Parents and sister left us last night after 2 weeks holiday here in Perth.Had the best time but found it hard with the weather been bad to entertain them all.
I wonder if we did the right thing coming out here 7 years ago.yes its a nice life here better house normally nice weather and more thing s for the kids but is that really worth taking the kids away from family,who they will only see every 3 years or so.
That hardly qualifies for a whinge! Minimum length of average whinge must be at least 500 words!

Anyway, don't apologise - AFter seven years no-one would accuse you of not giving it a fair crack of the whip. Are you maybe just feeling abit down 'cos family have left - that would be perfectly understandable.

Nicky
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Nicky & Dave]That hardly qualifies for a whinge! Minimum length of average whinge must be at least 500 words!

friends of mine who've been there for 20 odd years still say they feel down for a while when family and friends have visited and makes them think of home. i'm sure your thoughts must be natural.

hope you feel better soon

debs x
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:22 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shade8

Yes its horrible when your visitors go back home, you get that horrible 'empty house ' feeling and its not nice, my mum and dad came out in june to stay a month with us, and when they left, it took a lot of effort for me not to bundle the kids and me and hubby onto the plane and 'go home' with them, i cried the whole day when they left !! but the next morning i felt ok again, it was as if id cried all my homesickness away ! Now my mum and dad are coming back out on the 21st of this month along with my brother, sister in law and niece, and i cannot wait to see them all again but i know im gonna have to face the whole goodbye thing again, it is awful and yes i do feel guilty that my parents are missing out on the grandkids they love so much but if i had a choice, i would still pick australia to live in and not the UK (although i will probably always call the UK home ) the kids love it so much here, and we get to do so much here that we would never have been able to do if we had still lived in scotland, im wittering on now i know, but dont have any regrets of what you have done, you made those choices believing they were the right ones, so dont doubt yourself. Just remember "home" is only a plane flight away, the world is a much smaller place these days.. Sending some karma to cheer you up

fee xxx