Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Goodbye for a while....

Goodbye for a while....

Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:09 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Goodbye for a while....

....I'm taking a break from the forum, it's driving me mad with all this waiting for DIMIA and quite honestly I feel so negative that all I want to do is write negative posts, which isnt fair on anyone.

So I'm going to have a few days away from the board to try and get my head sorted. I hoped that by "announcing" it like this I might stick to it!!

Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Re: Goodbye for a while....

Originally Posted by bridiej
....I'm taking a break from the forum, it's driving me mad with all this waiting for DIMIA and quite honestly I feel so negative that all I want to do is write negative posts, which isnt fair on anyone.

So I'm going to have a few days away from the board to try and get my head sorted. I hoped that by "announcing" it like this I might stick to it!!

Don't stop posting Bridiej you'll get your visa soon, I'm sure you will. I'll send you some karma
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:18 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there love - it'll come soon enough, but I do know how you feel. I went through a stage like this where the waiting was driving me mad and being on the forum actually made things worse - everyone else's applications moving along etc.

I took a break from the forum for a month - just logged on sporadically - and it did help me to get perspective back - I focused on the stuff Dave and I need to get sorted out before we do leave for Oz, and I've been getting on with that. We're still waiting to hear about meds/pcc etc but I've just decided to chill and go with the flow - it will happen when it happens and in the meantime I want to make the most of the time we have left in the UK.

So, I'd support your decision to take a break from the forum - it worked for me, and I feel much more balanced about the whole waiting process now.

Sending you a big hug,
Nicky
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:20 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

PS But it goes without saying, we'll miss you!!!
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Goodbye for a while....

have been guided by a number of your posts...take some time out, relax and spend some time working out what needs to be done after DIMIA.
It will happen and when it does, everything has to start moving very quickly.
We were almost a year waiting for our SIR visa, sold our house, moved to the other side of Scotland to rented accomodation, finished a degree etc. We thought it was never going to transpire, but it did and will for you too.
The visa eventually came through last Friday and now the panic is starting to
set in!!!!!
Wishing you lots of luck...take care
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:36 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

i will keep in touch via email mate.

i know how you feel - thats what i did when i failed TRA and i was all over the place - went to work with Jed for a few days!!! i can put a word infor you if you like
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:39 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Enjoy your break B1
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:41 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Keep in touch Bridie and don't leave it too long before you come back. Have a good break sweatpea, you deserve it

Anne x
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:42 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

... Already ...

Think again ... you are a funny chick and the place needs you !

Three Legs

Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:45 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll miss you being about, but totally understand your need for a break.

Take care of yourself, and I'll look forward to you coming back with a smile on your face.

love, cas xx
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:48 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Have just PM'd you xx

D D
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:55 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

I think the negativity is catching and agree that sometimes coming on to the forum can make you feel worse. I was having a bad day yesterday - full of all sorts of doubts and insecurities - but have my positive head on today.

I'll miss you of course and have sent you some 'come back soon' karma.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hi
I to had to stay off the site at the point you're at, although Daz still went on and kept shouting out posts to me whilst I was watching T.V.!!!
So totally understand where you're at. Take time out and do something totally not related to your move to Oz - I found sport or swimming quite relaxing or get into a good book it really helps.
Take care & chill - it will happen.
Karen x
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:10 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Enjoy your time away from BE, Im sure you'll get your visa very soon. A friend of mine who applied for the same visa as us, a month before us, still hasnt heard either, hope this helps in some small way, I think we were just extremely lucky to have heard so quickly.

We all get to the stage at some point where we need a break from this madness for one reason or another, if you dont, you'd go completely bonkers.

Keep your chin up mate, it WILL arrive, it just seems ages, whats the says, something about watching a kettle boil it takes longer, Im sure you know what Im trying to say, although very badly.

Take care.

Jo
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:11 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Bye mate, hope to speak with you soon,your visa wont be long

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.