British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Goodbye Perth Hello Queensland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/goodbye-perth-hello-queensland-545345/)

lyndz Jun 26th 2008 1:44 pm

Goodbye Perth Hello Queensland

Hi there this is my first thread on Expats --- We have been in Perth 4 yrs now and have decided to make the move over to Queensland - we have sold our house and are just waiting for my little one to be accepted in a school - we are moving to the Currumbin Valley -- tho starting to get cold feet about starting all over again ...:ohmy:......Any advice would be appreciated specially from those who have moved from Perth over East -- Cheers

sub Jun 26th 2008 1:52 pm

Re: Goodbye Perth Hello Queensland

Originally Posted by lyndz (Post 6505901)
Hi there this is my first thread on Expats --- We have been in Perth 4 yrs now and have decided to make the move over to Queensland - we have sold our house and are just waiting for my little one to be accepted in a school - we are moving to the Currumbin Valley -- tho starting to get cold feet about starting all over again ...:ohmy:......Any advice would be appreciated specially from those who have moved from Perth over East -- Cheers

Just out of interest why you moving to QLD?:)
Is it work? or had enough of perth and wanting a change?!
Susan

carolinejones3 Jun 26th 2008 1:55 pm

Hi SUSAN, long time no hear, hows it all going??:)

Soory to hyjack thread:o
Caroline

sub Jun 26th 2008 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by carolinejones3 (Post 6505966)

Caroline

Yeah great thanks!!!
Been to Adelaide, loved it!!
Cant wait to get back!
House goes on market tomorrow, fingers crossed will sell by Monday:rofl:

Hows it going your end? You ready to go yet?
Susan

Loch Lomond Jun 26th 2008 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by carolinejones3 (Post 6505966)

Caroline

Originally Posted by sub (Post 6505989)
Yeah great thanks!!!
Been to Adelaide, loved it!!
Cant wait to get back!
House goes on market tomorrow, fingers crossed will sell by Monday:rofl:

Hows it going your end? You ready to go yet?
Susan

This should have been done offline (thats why PM is available).

Betty Boot Jun 26th 2008 4:14 pm

At least you have the sense to move from perth to qld. We've done it the hard way and come back to uk and now planning on going qld - now that really does worry me about starting all over again! I think you are doing the right thing trying a new state if perth is not satisfying you (sorry i am only assuming that) be interesting to hear how others have found the experience. Good luck

bluekipper Jun 26th 2008 7:04 pm

I would also love to know whats wrong with Perth?:(

Adelaide didnt meet our needs so I was hoping Perth would, esp jobwise.

Bluekipper

sa2uk2oz Jun 26th 2008 9:45 pm

Hi we are on the gold coast, not too far from Currumbin.
Lovely beach, lots of good restaurants, good shopping
nice climate, (although a bit chilly at night and in the morning recently)
you won't be sorry.. its lovely in SE Qld..
all the best with the move.:thumbup:

sammyg Jun 26th 2008 9:49 pm

Hi,
We have never moved interstate but i just wanted to say you've made a good choice of place in the Gold Coast, Currumbin is beautiful and has a lovely feel to it!

We've been in the Gold Coast for 4 months and we've been made to feel sooo welcome!:D

Try not to worry - you've moved across the world before so you can handle a move across a country!!!:lol:

All the best

sam:)

asprilla Jun 27th 2008 12:05 am

Originally Posted by bluekipper (Post 6507066)
I would also love to know whats wrong with Perth?:(

Adelaide didnt meet our needs so I was hoping Perth would, esp jobwise.

Bluekipper

hmm.... I hope that a single post by a random person on the internet doesn't sway your future plans so easily !! but it sounds like it is going to...
:huh:

sorry bluekipper, I've just noticed that you've only been a member here since march. Take some time to go back through hundreds of old threads and you'll get a good feel for how lots of people view each state and city in Oz.

good luck !

bluekipper Jun 27th 2008 6:28 am

NO I`m not easily swayed by other peoples opinions, and btw I have been a member for many years on Expats! ive just re-joined with a new name,why Im explaining to you I dont know:o

The reasons we use these forums is to get all sides of everyones points of view! or so thats what I thought,Ive been to a few states of OZ and Im asking the OP a question,not you, thankyou very much.

Bluekipper

TraceyW Jun 27th 2008 7:17 am

If this is who I think it is, I wish the four of you all the very very best over there in QLD :wub:

asprilla Jun 27th 2008 8:54 am

Originally Posted by bluekipper (Post 6508577)
NO I`m not easily swayed by other peoples opinions, and btw I have been a member for many years on Expats! ive just re-joined with a new name,why Im explaining to you I dont know:o

The reasons we use these forums is to get all sides of everyones points of view! or so thats what I thought,Ive been to a few states of OZ and Im asking the OP a question,not you, thankyou very much.

Bluekipper

sorry - I didn't mean to offend you. :ohmy:

Catch Jun 27th 2008 8:55 am

hi there
Been in Bunbury for 2 years ,headin over to the sunshine coast in 2 weeks.We are driving there stopping at adelaide,mel, and sydney.Relieved to be leaving bunbury found the boredom down here a killer

carolinejones3 Jun 27th 2008 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond (Post 6506050)
This should have been done offline (thats why PM is available).

:zzz:And you have contributed what exactly to this thread??:huh:
'Get done' police everywhere!!! :p

Wish you luck in your move and karma sent, hope Queens is great for you !!!!!:thumbsup:
Caroline