Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Goodbye Perth Hello Queensland

Goodbye Perth Hello Queensland

Old Jun 27th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: Goodbye Perth Hello Queensland

Originally Posted by markallwood
sorry - I didn't mean to offend you.
You did`nt, I feel at sometimes ppl are put off these forums for fear of arguments starting,and then there are some who get off on causing mayhem with their personal opinions, we have to remember we dont know eachother on these sites and should not make assumptions or base opinions on short answers/questions on these forums!

Apology accepted

bluekipper
Old Jun 27th 2008, 11:31 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

my hope we havent frightend the new member off

Any way Im only in Queensland 3 weeks but I have to say its lovely people are lovely fab weather in the day chilly at night alright

Ild like to see all of Australia while im here and I think people move so much here that they are more welcoming of strangers just what ive found so far

good luck with the move
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
And you have contributed what exactly to this thread??
Caroline
Exactly the same as you have
Old Jun 28th 2008, 3:51 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lyndz
Hi there this is my first thread on Expats --- We have been in Perth 4 yrs now and have decided to make the move over to Queensland - we have sold our house and are just waiting for my little one to be accepted in a school - we are moving to the Currumbin Valley -- tho starting to get cold feet about starting all over again .........Any advice would be appreciated specially from those who have moved from Perth over East -- Cheers
Hi Lyndz,

We too are thinking of Moving over from Perth to Queensland, my Aunt lives in Ormeau, so will have a look at Currumbin and surronds whilst im there as a few people have mentioned it to me, I also like the look of further north up near the sunshine coast, weve been in Perth two years now, im planning on going over for a week mid July to have a look on my own, so that should be interesting as im crap with maps and bound to get lost!!! im excited, but like you, finding it all a bit scary but i wont be happy untill ive tried it, and what the heck, Perth, like the UK will always be here, so if all goes wrong we can come back I will watch your thread with interest, hope you get some good advice,

Dawn
Old Jun 28th 2008, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
This should have been done offline (thats why PM is available).
boooooooo!

Seems to be the start of a mass exodus from Perth to QLD i know a few people thinking about it including me! Maybe QLD is the new Perth?

Thats only my opinion, please don't post saying I should be burned at the stake for 'dissing Perth'
Old Jun 28th 2008, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Hi guys

Sorry to jump your thread but also live in Perth and have wandered about queensland. Can anyone advise their reasons for moving?
We live in mandurah but hubby is finding it a little isolated. He would like to move into perth itself but I want to stay on the coast. So maybe wandering if the east would have more options?
Hubby has a cousin who's just moved to Coolum Beach. Anyone know off it?
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:43 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaT
Hi guys

Sorry to jump your thread but also live in Perth and have wandered about queensland. Can anyone advise their reasons for moving?
We live in mandurah but hubby is finding it a little isolated. He would like to move into perth itself but I want to stay on the coast. So maybe wandering if the east would have more options?
Hubby has a cousin who's just moved to Coolum Beach. Anyone know off it?
Coolum beach is a small town/village on the sunshine coast. The beach is pretty nice and there are a few restaurants. It has a superb surf club with pretty good food. There is a coles, but hardly any other shops. Nice views from the top of mt coolum. Hyatt coolum is great... golf there is good too. Housing around coolum varies from cheap to expensive.

This one is pretty cheap, in a beautiful spot at the foot of mount coolum. We stayed at a b&b just around the corner recently..., this is a lovely green, peaceful area, 5mins drive from the beach.
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1214642224

There is a very broad range of houses in this area, from about $450 up to the millions. But it isn't a very posh area by and large.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:56 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
boooooooo!

Seems to be the start of a mass exodus from Perth to QLD i know a few people thinking about it including me! Maybe QLD is the new Perth?

Thats only my opinion, please don't post saying I should be burned at the stake for 'dissing Perth'
LOL....Perth gets very over protected on here doesn't it.

Maybe Perth is far too quiet for people in the end up, nice for a hol sort of thing, but then reality hits. Over East is great...
Old Jun 28th 2008, 12:56 pm
From Perth to Queensland.

lyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant future

Thankyou for all your replies and good wishes - we hope to move over in Jan 2009 we are off in a couple of weeks for a serious rekkie over there --have been over before but always been in holiday mode !!

Nothing wrong with Perth - ive been very happy here and have made wonderful friends however the longer im here im realising just how isolated Perth is and its just to quiet for us --- its taken me 4 years to get to this point defo not going back to the UK so willing to give it a go over East (OH could have left Perth the day he arrived but thats another story ..)

I am hearing of many people who are making the move over -- yep made the big jump suppose a little hop over to Currumbin I can manage -- will try give it 2 yrs I know if I dont go I will always regret it ( and OH will never stop going on about it.. ...)

Will post again with my findings when I return from rekkie !

___ Trace cest moi ! will PM U when I learn how to do it !! Just working my way round the site Lyndzxx
Old Jun 28th 2008, 1:32 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catch
hi there
Been in Bunbury for 2 years ,headin over to the sunshine coast in 2 weeks.We are driving there stopping at adelaide,mel, and sydney.Relieved to be leaving bunbury found the boredom down here a killer
Good luck peep's. Darcy is already planning her holiday to the Sunshine coast.
Watch out for the kangas on the Nullibor.

Kev
Old Jun 28th 2008, 1:36 pm
From Perth to Queensland.

lyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi Lyndz,

We too are thinking of Moving over from Perth to Queensland, my Aunt lives in Ormeau, so will have a look at Currumbin and surronds whilst im there as a few people have mentioned it to me, I also like the look of further north up near the sunshine coast, weve been in Perth two years now, im planning on going over for a week mid July to have a look on my own, so that should be interesting as im crap with maps and bound to get lost!!! im excited, but like you, finding it all a bit scary but i wont be happy untill ive tried it, and what the heck, Perth, like the UK will always be here, so if all goes wrong we can come back I will watch your thread with interest, hope you get some good advice,

Dawn
Dawn sent u a PM Lyndz
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:36 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lyndz,
Can't offer any real comparisons, as we've not been to Perth, but we found QLD to be great for lifestyle, but the pay was less than in other states. However house prices were more affordable than NSW or Vic.

I hope that you enjoy your next adventure!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
boooooooo!

What are you talking about? My post referred to the point that the OP started a discussion with thier friend, rather than stay on topic!!
Old Jun 29th 2008, 1:47 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
LOL....Perth gets very over protected on here doesn't it.

Maybe Perth is far too quiet for people in the end up, nice for a hol sort of thing, but then reality hits. Over East is great...
OK, for probably my 100th time on BE:

Half of the stuff written about Perth on here is uninformed bollocks from people who haven't been here, haven't been in the last 5 years and seen the transformation or tried to live here without being willing to travel more than 10km from their outer suburbs home.

You either love Perth or hate it. If you like the outdoors life you will probably love it. If your life revolves around pubs, clubs and shops it probably isn't the place for you. But there are loads of sports, gigs, pubs, clubs etc if you are willing to travel into the city.

If you have a young family it will probably be the place to be but I wouldn't come here if we didn't have kids.

Perth is not dull nor is it all the same. If you want action live close to the city in one of the older areas like Fremantle or Mount Lawley. If you choose to live in Clarkson, Bunbury, Mandurah and think travelling into the city is a trek then you are probably going to find it too quiet.

Probably.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by worzel
OK, for probably my 100th time on BE:

Half of the stuff written about Perth on here is uninformed bollocks from people who haven't been here, haven't been in the last 5 years and seen the transformation or tried to live here without being willing to travel more than 10km from their outer suburbs home.

You either love Perth or hate it. If you like the outdoors life you will probably love it. If your life revolves around pubs, clubs and shops it probably isn't the place for you. But there are loads of sports, gigs, pubs, clubs etc if you are willing to travel into the city.

If you have a young family it will probably be the place to be but I wouldn't come here if we didn't have kids.

Perth is not dull nor is it all the same. If you want action live close to the city in one of the older areas like Fremantle or Mount Lawley. If you choose to live in Clarkson, Bunbury, Mandurah and think travelling into the city is a trek then you are probably going to find it too quiet.

Probably.
here we go lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.