Goodbye from me

Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:29 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goodbye from me

After 2 years on here it is time to say goodbye. It has been invaluable help and a great source of distraction when we had problems with the house sale or just waiting for things to happen. There were some great laughs. I hope I have given back as much as I took. But I don't have time anymore - too busy living our new life styles.

As it is just coming up to one year out here for us I thought I would sign off with a summary of our experiences. Skills assessment (accountant) was a breeze as was the visa, medicals and police checks despite a few nerves. Selling the house was the only real problem we have had on the whole journey - got messed about by a woman who said she was buying with cash but hadn't actually got the divorce settlement - in the end it gave us the time and motivation to have 2 months travelling the UK seeing things and saying goodbye (see being in Australia has made me positive about almost everything!).

To us the secret of success out here is to come with an open mind and remember that if anything is odd it is you that does not fit not 20m Australians. Try not to compare things to the UK either on cost, quality etc. It doesn't matter anymore - you have to buy Aussie so the sooner you adapt the better.

Try and get into the Aussie Rules lads (It took me a season but I think I actually prefer it to soccer now) and embrace all things Aussie. Never turn down the opportunity to do anything - you never know who you will meet - it could lead to a life long friend or job. On the job front - be prepared to reestablish yourself - I took a step down and within a year now have a better job than I did in the UK.

So we are now comfortable with only one wage earner which makes an enormous difference to our lifestyles - so much more time. Our daughter does karate, swimming, Guides - goes to camp for the weekend and can walk to the park or play in the road like I used to in the UK 30 years ago.

My new job pays more than I dared dream and I get to fly to Melbourne every few weeks. I have made lots of friends in my last job and I am sure they will come with this one.

I am going to volunteer for the role of Treasurer at the Residents Association tonight.

We have got into bodyboarding and kayaking, swim in our pool in summer and walk / cycle / go to the gym.

Australia is everything we dared hope for.

I will maintain my blog for anyone that reads it (quite a few it seems) and may pop in here from time to time to check for PM's as there are a few people coming out soon I have been helping (I hope).

But with mum and dad here, summer coming, a larger social life, a working away it has become a chore to check posts on here.

Good luck to everyone.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:42 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goodbye from me

Originally Posted by worzel
After 2 years on here it is time to say goodbye. It has been invaluable help and a great source of distraction when we had problems with the house sale or just waiting for things to happen. There were some great laughs. I hope I have given back as much as I took. But I don't have time anymore - too busy living our new life styles.

As it is just coming up to one year out here for us I thought I would sign off with a summary of our experiences. Skills assessment (accountant) was a breeze as was the visa, medicals and police checks despite a few nerves. Selling the house was the only real problem we have had on the whole journey - got messed about by a woman who said she was buying with cash but hadn't actually got the divorce settlement - in the end it gave us the time and motivation to have 2 months travelling the UK seeing things and saying goodbye (see being in Australia has made me positive about almost everything!).

To us the secret of success out here is to come with an open mind and remember that if anything is odd it is you that does not fit not 20m Australians. Try not to compare things to the UK either on cost, quality etc. It doesn't matter anymore - you have to buy Aussie so the sooner you adapt the better.

Try and get into the Aussie Rules lads (It took me a season but I think I actually prefer it to soccer now) and embrace all things Aussie. Never turn down the opportunity to do anything - you never know who you will meet - it could lead to a life long friend or job. On the job front - be prepared to reestablish yourself - I took a step down and within a year now have a better job than I did in the UK.

So we are now comfortable with only one wage earner which makes an enormous difference to our lifestyles - so much more time. Our daughter does karate, swimming, Guides - goes to camp for the weekend and can walk to the park or play in the road like I used to in the UK 30 years ago.

My new job pays more than I dared dream and I get to fly to Melbourne every few weeks. I have made lots of friends in my last job and I am sure they will come with this one.

I am going to volunteer for the role of Treasurer at the Residents Association tonight.

We have got into bodyboarding and kayaking, swim in our pool in summer and walk / cycle / go to the gym.

I will maintain my blog for anyone that reads it (quite a few it seems) and may pop in here from time to time to check for PM's as there are a few people coming out soon I have been helping (I hope).

But with mum and dad here, summer coming, a larger social life, a working away it has become a chore to check posts on here.

Good luck to everyone.
Excellent post.
Your life sounds fab - well done and good on yer.
Your advice is so very true - stop comparing uk to oz - just get on with it.
Have a wonderful summer ...and life.
i wish you well,
L-j
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the lovely post!

Good luck with everything.

best wishes

Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck with everything Worzel.

Enjoy the summer
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:51 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
Best of luck with everything Worzel.

Enjoy the summer

Cheerio and all the best .Lor
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Great post, glad to hear that you are settled and ready to enjoy the summer.
All the best
Nicky
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

cya
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:03 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Goodbye from me

Good luck to everyone.
Sorry to see you go, mate - but great to hear that you've done so well for yourself!

A truly inspirational post, proving that it can be done, with the right attitude and a bit of good old fashioned pluck.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

cya worzel.................glad it has worked out well for you, Sam and Maryanne..............all the very best for the future.

take care xxxxxx
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:58 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck to everyone.
Nicely put, and I would like to echo everything you have said about Australia, it really is what you make it.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:11 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Fab post !!!

Sorry to see you go, glad to hear everything is working out for you
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:29 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Bye Worzel, all the best for the future.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:35 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Bye Worzel .....continue to enjoy your life here, and take good care
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:55 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Good luck Iain! Sent you a PM.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Very refreshing and attractive attitude Worzel (and sooooo correct), good luck although I'm sure you won't need it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.