Wikiposts

Goodbye again!

Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye again!

Thanks a million for all the smiles you've brought to my face over the past month.
Good luck - I'm sure there are loads of people trying to type posts with their fingers crossed for you!! I'll be one of them.
Old May 7th 2005, 10:13 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Hi all, bout time for an update and I've tried on several occasions, but keep typing up loads and loads of babble, then hittin the ole delete button so will keep it short.

Anyway, after an absolute murderous 2 weeks, my partner was finally admitted into the local Psychiatric Dept. She is there now and has had her medication changed, and AT LAST is showing signs of improvement The panic Attacks that were so much of a problem when I typed this post have died down thankfully, and now we just need to work on the depression.

I've been here before and am well aware this will be a slow process, but a step in the right direction was all I need to see, and it's finally here

As to Oz well altho there is a lot higher chance we'll still not go thru with it, but we haven't TOTALLY rulled it out. I've said we'll just 'see how it goes' and is def the best plan of action for now.

Anyway, just thought i'd throw a few words at this post to explain how things are as i know there was a few ppl concerned at the time.

All will be swell

Paul.

Oh and god knows how you women get on, what with all this hoovering, ironing, cooking etc !!! ...... oooooo, too much hard work if you ask me! ...lol
Old May 7th 2005, 10:16 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Hi all, bout time for an update and I've tried on several occasions, but keep typing up loads and loads of babble, then hittin the ole delete button so will keep it short.

Anyway, after an absolute murderous 2 weeks, my partner was finally admitted into the local Psychiatric Dept. She is there now and has had her medication changed, and AT LAST is showing signs of improvement The panic Attacks that were so much of a problem when I typed this post have died down thankfully, and now we just need to work on the depression.

I've been here before and am well aware this will be a slow process, but a step in the right direction was all I need to see, and it's finally here

As to Oz well altho there is a lot higher chance we'll still not go thru with it, but we haven't TOTALLY rulled it out. I've said we'll just 'see how it goes' and is def the best plan of action for now.

Anyway, just thought i'd throw a few words at this post to explain how things are as i know there was a few ppl concerned at the time.

All will be swell

Paul.

Oh and god knows how you women get on, what with all this hoovering, ironing, cooking etc !!! ...... oooooo, too much hard work if you ask me! ...lol

Nice to hear things are improving for you all the best fraser
Old May 7th 2005, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fraser
Nice to hear things are improving for you all the best fraser
Thanks Fraser
Old May 7th 2005, 10:28 am
Professional Princess

All will be swell

Paul.

Jim you dont have to be emigrating to post on here.

You must post on here to keep contact with your mates, which incidently you can have just as good a cyber mate as anyone else.

Its good to know your partner is getting the treatment she deserves and needs.

Take one day at a time, look forward and who knows where the future will take you.

If there is one thing I have learned recently, no matter how much it rains in your life, the sun is always there somewhere.

Tell her I send my regards.

And please keep posting, no matter how much you post, you know we are all here for you and for your partner.

Love Sam

Old May 7th 2005, 10:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, only just seen this thread. Really pleased by your last post though. Hope she picks up now they have the medication sorted, although it will still be a really long slog. Obviously you are all missing her presence around the house, but until she is well enough she is in the best place.

Never give up on your dreams, in your darkest moments they will help but I think you are right, you really need all your family close by and however many people say its only 24 hours away, that is sometimes 24 hours too long.

She and the kids are really lucky to have you.

Take care.

Penny
Old May 7th 2005, 10:36 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Good news Paul, lets hope she keeps improving. Chin up mate, just think how soft your hands will be with all that washing up and cleaning
Old May 7th 2005, 10:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Jim you dont have to be emigrating to post on here.

You must post on here to keep contact with your mates, which incidently you can have just as good a cyber mate as anyone else.

Its good to know your partner is getting the treatment she deserves and needs.

Take one day at a time, look forward and who knows where the future will take you.

If there is one thing I have learned recently, no matter how much it rains in your life, the sun is always there somewhere.

Tell her I send my regards.

And please keep posting, no matter how much you post, you know we are all here for you and for your partner.

Love Sam
Hi Sam and thanks for your words, here and before

Yeah trust me, working nights I ONLY have Cyberfriends! ...lol, but I hear you.

As to the sun, well today we was allowed to leave the hospital and for for a walk and all that. The sun was belting down and she started apologising about all this mess and ruining our plans about Oz, but I said to her what you said earlier in the post :

'We need to work on getting her better for now, Australia will ALWAYS be there!' ........ she agree's

Who knows I say, but it's just all gotta sit on ice for now.

As to posting, believe me I aint hardly been near the PC for weeks, so couldn't post. I've had a few drunken nights and spent hours typing up babble ...lol, but thankfully never hit the 'submit' button ........ ooooo, poor read that'd been, but from memory most was just slaggin off the NHS.

I don't wanna go off on one, but they have been terrible I'll leave there really, best way.

I'll be about tho, might take a little time, but WILL be back.

had too much fun not too really
Old May 7th 2005, 10:43 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

All will be swell

Paul.

Paul,

Sorry to hear that your family is going through such a rough time at the mo. The fact that your partner is getting professional help is enormously positive and once she gets the right medication, it WILL make a huge difference, believe me. I also suffered serious depression in 2003 and, although it seems absolutely ludicrous to me now, I was suicidal, although thank god, I never got to the stage of actually doing it. Luckily I had a wonderfully supportive hubbie who forced me to see my GP, and after a number of false starts, I finally found a anti-depressant that agreed with me, and within weeks, I was back to my old self.

I don't know your partners history, but I would say that as well as medication, counselling helped me to understand what had triggered the depression, and has also helped me to deal with it since. It's such a common, but unfortunately misunderstood illness, and I do hope that your partner will soon start to see a light at the end of the tunnel. It IS there, I promise. Thinking of you and your partner. Hang in there.

Nicky
Old May 7th 2005, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Thanks Penny & Tony always did appreciate the support from you lot on here
Old May 7th 2005, 10:46 am
Professional Princess

Hi Sam and thanks for your words, here and before

Yeah trust me, working nights I ONLY have Cyberfriends! ...lol, but I hear you.

As to the sun, well today we was allowed to leave the hospital and for for a walk and all that. The sun was belting down and she started apologising about all this mess and ruining our plans about Oz, but I said to her what you said earlier in the post :

'We need to work on getting her better for now, Australia will ALWAYS be there!' ........ she agree's

Who knows I say, but it's just all gotta sit on ice for now.

As to posting, believe me I aint hardly been near the PC for weeks, so couldn't post. I've had a few drunken nights and spent hours typing up babble ...lol, but thankfully never hit the 'submit' button ........ ooooo, poor read that'd been, but from memory most was just slaggin off the NHS.

I don't wanna go off on one, but they have been terrible I'll leave there really, best way.

I'll be about tho, might take a little time, but WILL be back.

had too much fun not too really
Print out the 'perfect dump' thread for her to read.

its bloody funny if not filthy disgusting toilet humour.

Im reading it now and making myself laugh.

I get booted off the net after two hours and have to redial.

So I shall redial right now, put the dog in the garden for a piss and make a horlicks.

If your staying up, get yourself to the lounge now so I can make you laugh.

I demand it.

Old May 7th 2005, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Paul,

Sorry to hear that your family is going through such a rough time at the mo. The fact that your partner is getting professional help is enormously positive and once she gets the right medication, it WILL make a huge difference, believe me. I also suffered serious depression in 2003 and, although it seems absolutely ludicrous to me now, I was suicidal, although thank god, I never got to the stage of actually doing it. Luckily I had a wonderfully supportive hubbie who forced me to see my GP, and after a number of false starts, I finally found a anti-depressant that agreed with me, and within weeks, I was back to my old self.

I don't know your partners history, but I would say that as well as medication, counselling helped me to understand what had triggered the depression, and has also helped me to deal with it since. It's such a common, but unfortunately misunderstood illness, and I do hope that your partner will soon start to see a light at the end of the tunnel. It IS there, I promise. Thinking of you and your partner. Hang in there.

Nicky
Thanks Nicky. As to her situ, well this is the 3rd bout now, but FAR more serious than the other 2. I won't go on like I norm do and spell it all out, but basically over 10 suicide attempts which 3 involved HAVING to rush her to A&E All down to Prozac (don't agree with her!) and triggering terrible Panic Attacks.

She's now on another AD (funny enough, the one that worked last time!! ...... why she wasn't given to start is my GP's mess, but another story) and she's taking something to curb the Panic Attacks (4th drug tried to work tho!!)

Basically she's had a rough time in life so there was never any question of what triggers it all. Lets just say she lost her son + mum in less than 2 yrs!! ...... nuff said, but as well as other tragedies, i was fighting for my life in July 2003 with a 30% chance of survival when I arrived at A&E

You see the picture!

Anyway, as I say we've been here before and got thru. She see's a Councillor she has a lot of faith in tomorrow and has been seeing her for about 5 yrs on and off.

She IS on the road to recovery now (not that she see's it) so just all about time now. I have faith the AD she is on will work so just time as I keep saying

We'll get there!
Old May 7th 2005, 10:56 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi Paul
Thinking of you and your wife, it's a true saying that once you hit bottom you can only go up, even if it takes a while, keep working at it, your dream is only on hold. Your right, Australia will still be there and if your meant to go you will get there. Hugs for both of you. Keep your chins up.

Carole
Old May 7th 2005, 10:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Print out the 'perfect dump' thread for her to read.
Oh I am subscribed! ...lol, just not read any updates of recent.

It's hilarious!
Old May 7th 2005, 10:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hi Paul
Thinking of you and your wife, it's a true saying that once you hit bottom you can only go up, even if it takes a while, keep working at it, your dream is only on hold. Your right, Australia will still be there and if your meant to go you will get there. Hugs for both of you. Keep your chins up.

Carole
appreciate it Carole

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.