Wikiposts

goodbye

Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:25 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow goodbye

finally had the last straw so decided to hang up my expats membership.

thank you to all the friends i've made on here, hope you will keep in touch.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:29 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: goodbye

Originally Posted by bridiej

i hope you keep popping in,.. but good luck!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Why?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that you are giving up your membership, but must admit that I would probably feel the same in your position. The sorts of replies that you got were the sort of thing that made me think twice before joining here in the first place.
Once I did join though I have found that most poeple here are very helpful and I have so far avoided any of the unpleasantness. Good luck with whatever you are doing and I hope that you keep popping in as I may be in need of your advice at some point.
All the best.
Nicky
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:39 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Think it might have something to do with the best mate thread and Renth doing his best impression of a tool.

Originally Posted by Hels
Why?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Think it might have something to do with the best mate thread and Renth doing his best impression of a tool.

I kinda got that....but if you are gonna let people get to you like that then perhaps she shouldnt post here? There are always gonna be tools in a forum like this...

I dunno....I always get the feeling that the ones that do the dramatic "I'm not posting here anymore" generally always come back....

Oh and nothing at all against the OP....I dont really know her. I hope she doesnt take offence to my post...when she comes back.

Last edited by Hels; Nov 1st 2005 at 4:43 pm. Reason: just a quick add on
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:58 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Internet forums are basically for entertainment purposes. Sure, you can take from this forum what ever you choose to but I for one wouldnt make any important decisions based soley on what I find here.

I believe that having a wide variety of people with starkly contrasting opinions is what makes for a more realistic place one can express themselves wheather positive or negative, afterall life isnt full of happy smiley agreable people is it ?

As for the "best mate died" thread, I think the subject line was bound to cause a few not so sympathetic replies after reading the body of the thread.

In my opinion, the writer was asking for it..... sorry

Take what you want from here, leave the rest is my take. There isnt a single person on the net who can upset me, the harder one tries, the harder I laugh..
Old Nov 1st 2005, 5:25 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Take what you want from here, leave the rest is my take. There isnt a single person on the net who can upset me, the harder one tries, the harder I laugh..
Is that because you are insensitive ? There was no need for some of those posts on that thread. Some people use this forum not just for entertainment, but for research, information and a bit of companionship, albeit at the end of a keyboard, when far away from their original county in a different land.

In some peoples opinion your humour and others there was uncalled for. But then - you wouldnt care about that.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Centurion
There was no need for some of those posts on that thread.
I don't think some of the replies from the 'victim' were called for either
Old Nov 1st 2005, 5:34 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Is that because you are insensitive ?
In some peoples opinion your humour and others there was uncalled for. But then - you wouldnt care about that.
I think you should read before you make a post mate, not that I would give a sh** about you or anyone else.

Lighten up, get a life or both, perhaps next time you should quote the "offending" post and not my 2 cents worth.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Bridej.....I understand why you feel the need to leave but sometimes a break is all that's needed. As someone else said, this forum is made up of lots of people with lots of views and opinions, and just like real life there are people who we get on with more than others.

This forum represents real life....it's not a "happy clappy" site. There are often differences in opinion.....some people we get on with, some we don't.

You are new in Aus and you'll probably need to talk at times....and this is as good a place as any to do that.

Anyways, whatever you decide, good luck
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:25 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

All I'm going to say is I'm gutted.....I'll REALLY miss you on here. You brighten up BE and you will be missed.

I wish you all the very best for your new life.

Take care babes

D D xxxxx
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:34 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Don't go, I can't believe all the unthinking rudeness you got on the other thread about the horse either. But don't go, If you do all the sad wits win.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:36 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Cya

Pity you didnt stay as the concept is British Expats, not just Brits just arrived in Australia.

I wish you and the old fella much luck, with your new life, and with your new proposed home.

Steve n the tribe
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:49 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Is that because you are insensitive ? There was no need for some of those posts on that thread. Some people use this forum not just for entertainment, but for research, information and a bit of companionship, albeit at the end of a keyboard, when far away from their original county in a different land.

I totally agree, There is far too much "having a go at the author" on here rather than just talking and having a debate. It seems almost impossible to have a debate on here at times, because as soon as some low life who disagrees with what you've said can't think of there own side to the debate resorts to a personal insult or sarcasm aimed at the author, the entire thread collapses into a slanging match. By all means argue vehemently against the others views but resorting to name calling and insensitivity is something that happens in primary school.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.