Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a good travel insurance ?

a good travel insurance ?

Old Nov 13th 2011, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default a good travel insurance ?

need some travel insurance quotes for my mum to fly to oz.??
In Oz does a british citizen get any health treatment for free if it was needed?
Old Nov 13th 2011, 10:40 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a good travel insurance ?

Emergency treatment is free under the Recipricol Scheme, but not doctors visits for minor things like chest infection or the cost of prescriptions. However, best to still have full insurance in case she needs a nurse on the flight home or something.

Apparently SAGA do insurance for older people.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tking View Post
Emergency treatment is free under the Recipricol Scheme, but not doctors visits for minor things like chest infection or the cost of prescriptions. However, best to still have full insurance in case she needs a nurse on the flight home or something.

Apparently SAGA do insurance for older people.
thank you. i will look at saga ..
thats great about recipricol schem, someone said it was no longer the case
Old Nov 14th 2011, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rackcatt View Post
thank you. i will look at saga ..
thats great about recipricol schem, someone said it was no longer the case
It might be great, but it really would be better to have proper health cover in view of the health situation you have mentioned elsewhere. For example if she needs to be repatriated or requires a nurse on the way home such as tking said. And if travel insurance is in place then the reciprocal cover is irrelevant.

It is possible to get cover for your mother. When my dad was quite ill with cancer I made enquiries about health insurance so he could make a trip to Bermuda. I had no problem finding a policy, it was only about £80 and there is no reciprocal cover and if anyone is really ill they sometimes need to be moved to the US for treatment.

(My dad did not go ahead with his trip in the end as he took a turn for the worst and was a bit too ill to travel - unfortunately I cannot remember who the insurance was with but I do remember it was easy to find).
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:44 am
Banned

RyanD is an unknown quantity at this point

I use Globelink.co.uk travel insurance for my parents. Company provides cover for people aged up to 84 and against other insurance this is one of the best value for money.