British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   good suburbs of Brisbane? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/good-suburbs-brisbane-113572/)

doub Oct 23rd 2002 11:20 am

good suburbs of Brisbane?

We are hoping to move to the Brisbane area next year, and we are looking for an area that has good schools and not far away from the coast, any ideas?

Chris Oct 23rd 2002 1:23 pm

Re: good suburbs of Brisbane?

"doub" wrote in message
news:452616.1035372033@britishexpats-
.com
    > We are hoping to move to the Brisbane area next year, and we are
    > looking for an area that has good schools and not far away from the
    > coast, any ideas?

Good schools are sometimes not in good suburbs. It's a bit of a lottery.
Good suburbs... email me and I can send you a little database I made using
info from the Courier Mail suburb comparison a while back (the average
weekly incomes are crap... seems to be taking into account unemployed people
etc.). Do you have a copy of Access?

Which Coast do you want to be near? Gold, Sunshine, or Moreton Bay?

Chris

> --

doub Oct 23rd 2002 2:07 pm

Good schools are sometimes not in good suburbs. It's a bit of a lottery.
Good suburbs... email me and I can send you a little database I made using
info from the Courier Mail suburb comparison a while back (the average
weekly incomes are crap... seems to be taking into account unemployed people
etc.). Do you have a copy of Access?

Which Coast do you want to be near? Gold, Sunshine, or Moreton Bay?

Chris

Cheers Chris, that sounds usefull. We are maybe looking more Sunshine Coast direction, could you seend the database to me at [email protected]

many thanks

Doub
    > --
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

kaleb777 Oct 29th 2002 2:22 am

Suburbs closer to Brisbane or the coast seem better. Suburbs midway are starting to get a bad reputation because there is little to do for youth so far from the city.

Ceri Oct 29th 2002 3:47 am

Avoid deception bay... North Brisbane, it's by the bay, but it's known for crime .. I call it "Depression Bay" Houses are cheap there for a Bay/sea suburb.. but they are cheap for a reason. I'm in Redcliffe.. and that too also has it's fair share of crime, I don't particularly like Redcliffe... I'm just glad I rented first instead of buying, Ive bought land else where now

A general guide if you see houses , a suburb which seems very cheap... investigate further, ask yourself why is it cheap? Just dig a bit further

cheers :)

keithc Nov 3rd 2002 3:00 pm

Originally posted by Ceri
Avoid deception bay... North Brisbane, it's by the bay, but it's known for crime .. I call it "Depression Bay" Houses are cheap there for a Bay/sea suburb.. but they are cheap for a reason. I'm in Redcliffe.. and that too also has it's fair share of crime, I don't particularly like Redcliffe... I'm just glad I rented first instead of buying, Ive bought land else where now

A general guide if you see houses , a suburb which seems very cheap... investigate further, ask yourself why is it cheap? Just dig a bit further

cheers :)

I'm heading for Brisbane at the end of this month,Nerang! or surrounding area,do you know If this area is okay.
Many thanks
keithc