Reload this Page >

Good/ suberbs to live in Perth

Good/ suberbs to live in Perth

Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

marie-claire is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Good/ suberbs to live in Perth

Hi all

Me and the family looking to move to Perth late next year. We would appreciate some honest opinions about good and bad areas to live. Hubby will be working in central Perth so we need to live in an area with good transport links. I know that different people are going to have different views on where is good/bad but some clues would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:26 pm
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice
Default Re: Good/ suberbs to live in Perth

hello, and welcome
we will be moving to perth late next year as well and will be visiting prior to that to validate the visas and to get a good feel for the place.
never been as yet so look forward to peoples responses!
i've done about as much research as i feel i can though and are looking at several suburbs including : iluka, secret harbour, baldivis, mindarie, mandurah, and a few more that i've forgotten the names to!
we hope to start a hair salon up, so that will obviously have to come into the equation as well.( the mrs is mustard)
hopefully someone will be along soon but their probably sleeping. But for a start look on www.realestate.com.au
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

If working in central Perth I would rule out places like Secret Harbour/Mandurah, unless you want over an hour commute to and from work in the middle of traffic.

These are some nicer areas:

Leederville
Mount Lawley
North Perth
Maylands
Inglewood
Wembley

Obviously the further out from Perth you go, the lower the housing prices. We're currently renting in West Perth/Leederville and love it. It's close to the City (20-25 min walk), 10 min drive to the beach and means we're close enough to get to clubs/decent shops etc, but not 'too' close.

However, there is no chance of being able to afford a place to buy around here. So we're looking at the places I listed above.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:47 am
Banned

Down Under and Loving It is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are in Secret Harbour, 45 mins drive into Perth, 40 mins to Freemantle, 20 mins to Rockingham and 15 mins to Mandurah. We love were we are but it all depends on your circumstances, as to what price of housing you can afford, if you have children and what lifestyle you want.

I'd say try and stay away from East Perth - heard some areas not too good, but obviously will be some nice areas as well, as someone will no doubt come on and tell me.

There is a train line from Mandurah to Perth which passes through Warnbro (if you lived in Secret Harbour) and Rockingham.

If you went North there are trains lines from several places that way as well.

You need to let us know what you are looking for and then people will be able to give you an idea of areas.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Down Under and Loving It
Hi

We are in Secret Harbour, 45 mins drive into Perth, 40 mins to Freemantle, 20 mins to Rockingham and 15 mins to Mandurah. We love were we are but it all depends on your circumstances, as to what price of housing you can afford, if you have children and what lifestyle you want.

I'd say try and stay away from East Perth - heard some areas not too good, but obviously will be some nice areas as well, as someone will no doubt come on and tell me.

There is a train line from Mandurah to Perth which passes through Warnbro (if you lived in Secret Harbour) and Rockingham.

If you went North there are trains lines from several places that way as well.

You need to let us know what you are looking for and then people will be able to give you an idea of areas.
I think the 45 minutes drive to Perth would exclude rush hour. I live in Clarkson, 40 km north of Perth and it takes me nearly an hour to drive in. Secret Harbour is certainly a lot longer drive I would think.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

come to Joondalup with the rest of us pomms !!!

its something like 53% british born up here , 25k north of perth
Old Nov 21st 2008, 6:21 am
Just Joined

marie-claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Thanks for your views, i guess we have a while to worry about where we are going to live, but keep em coming because it is good to get different views. We would probably need to live somewhere with good train links (my husband don't like driving). Other than that i just want to live somewhere that is reasonably nice, fairly close to amenities, and has a fairly decent primary school for the kids. Preferably somewhere where the local teenagers don't hang around outside my house everynight getting drunk, being loud and throwing up in my garden.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Morley, Balcatta, Dianella, Victoria park are all close to the city 10-20mins and pretty cheap areas to live in

Clarkson and joondalup are nice but a bit further out, 45mins on train,

I have lived in each area and never had any problems with these
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:03 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by dave99
Morley, Balcatta, Dianella, Victoria park are all close to the city 10-20mins and pretty cheap areas to live in

Clarkson and joondalup are nice but a bit further out, 45mins on train,

I have lived in each area and never had any problems with these
45 mins on train from Joondalup to city..i don't think it takes that long does it?
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
45 mins on train from Joondalup to city..i don't think it takes that long does it?
No it doesn't. It is 25 minutes from Joondalup.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
No it doesn't. It is 25 minutes from Joondalup.
Thought so.
Only been on train twice since i have been here, but knew it didn't take 45 mins.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Thought so.
Only been on train twice since i have been here, but knew it didn't take 45 mins.
It is only just over 45 mins to Mandurah!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

it sure is 45mins to clarkson
Old Nov 21st 2008, 1:20 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
It is only just over 45 mins to Mandurah!
It 5o mins from Perth central so a bit longer from the far north me thinks
Old Nov 21st 2008, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

LolaB is an unknown quantity at this point

I have only been here 4 weeks and did lots of research before I came, I have family here but they are further out of the city. I am a single parent with an 8 year old and not quite about to give up on a social life yet so I am in Inglewood.

Its near Mount Lawley which is a gorgeous suburb. It has coffee shops, cafes, busy pubs (but not with people fallin out of them a la magaluf style) and lovely shops, its about 7 mins drive into the city, and on the rail track where you can park and ride. For me I couldnt have picked a better place to live, lively but not too lively if you know what I mean!

Good luck

L

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.