Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good sport schools

Good sport schools

Old May 20th 2009, 9:37 am
Just Joined

kempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good sport schools

Hi - I'll be in Perth before the end of 2009. My son will be starting year 2 (he's 6) in February. I'd really appreciate some views on good sports schools.

My son plays for a leading football academy in the UK, swims for a top swimming club and has had a number of rugby clubs ask him to join them. He also excels in cricket. Yes, he's only 6 but punches well above his weight.

I visited Perth in April and stayed with friends in Bicton and Applecross. Both areas we liked. Not sure we can afford them though. We also like northern suburbs so it's not easy to decide where to start off. Choosing a school is also making it a challenege. I don't think I want to commit to a private school initially so I'm leaning towards public schools. I'm happy to go for mid range private schools just not the top end ones like Hale, Scotch as they are a little pricey for us at the moment.

I understand that one needs to live in certain area's to get into certain schools so once I know what schools to research then I can look into the area's. Any suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Old May 20th 2009, 10:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good sport schools

Originally Posted by kempo
Hi - I'll be in Perth before the end of 2009. My son will be starting year 2 (he's 6) in February. I'd really appreciate some views on good sports schools.

My son plays for a leading football academy in the UK, swims for a top swimming club and has had a number of rugby clubs ask him to join them. He also excels in cricket. Yes, he's only 6 but punches well above his weight.

I visited Perth in April and stayed with friends in Bicton and Applecross. Both areas we liked. Not sure we can afford them though. We also like northern suburbs so it's not easy to decide where to start off. Choosing a school is also making it a challenege. I don't think I want to commit to a private school initially so I'm leaning towards public schools. I'm happy to go for mid range private schools just not the top end ones like Hale, Scotch as they are a little pricey for us at the moment.

I understand that one needs to live in certain area's to get into certain schools so once I know what schools to research then I can look into the area's. Any suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Primary schools will not focus on any particular sport, it is only when it comes to High School that schools have a programme for different sports. For instance Woodvale has Basketball and Soccer, Ocean Reef Soccer, Duncraig Triathlon etc etc. . You will have to look to sporting clubs out of school to continue those things at that age.
Old May 20th 2009, 10:48 am
Just Joined

kempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good sport schools

Thanks. That's pretty much the setup in the UK for us. I know that there are sometimes certain primary schools with a rich sporting history that continue to feed into secondary and high school. I've identified Carine PS, Rossmoyne and Willeton as options for now. Would you have any other suggestions.