Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good Schools in Perth, WA

Good Schools in Perth, WA

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Iggle piggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Schools in Perth, WA

HI, We are moving to Perth, this year and are not sure which area to settle in. We are really keen to be fairly near a beach and not too far from the city. But most importantly we want to find an area which has good schools. Our daughter started school in september last year and is progressing well. We had a glowing assesment and academically she is way ahead for her age. We are keen for her to continue to progress as well as she has been and feel that finding the right school is so important. We have about 850,000 dollars to take with us and wonder what sought of area we can get with this money. We would like a 4 bed 2 bathroom, if possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

inOz2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good Schools in Perth, WA

I believe most primary schools are more or less comparable though there is bound to be differences between state and private however. I suppose the "league tables" matter more so in high schools.

We came across this http://www.curriculum.wa.edu.au/file...chool_Data.pdf - however, again, most private high schools should be fine in terms of standards, facilities etc compared to state schools.

Heck, why am I responding to this thread???? I don't even live in Perth...yet!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:34 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good Schools in Perth, WA

Originally Posted by Iggle piggle
HI, We are moving to Perth, this year and are not sure which area to settle in. We are really keen to be fairly near a beach and not too far from the city. But most importantly we want to find an area which has good schools. Our daughter started school in september last year and is progressing well. We had a glowing assesment and academically she is way ahead for her age. We are keen for her to continue to progress as well as she has been and feel that finding the right school is so important. We have about 850,000 dollars to take with us and wonder what sought of area we can get with this money. We would like a 4 bed 2 bathroom, if possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
i think you "just" may afford a house with 850 grand