Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good restaurants-Sunshine Coast

Good restaurants-Sunshine Coast

Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Good restaurants-Sunshine Coast

OK, am after a good restaurant on the Sunshine Coast to celebrate some birthdays. Southern end would be better i.e not as far as Noosa. Not as expensive as Spirit House although have heard it is good ! Oh-and needs to cater for vegetarians ! Any suggestions ?? Otherwise will have to be good ole India Today in Maroochydore-I LOVE that place, but fancied somewhere different, so come on-fire away with suggestions !!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good restaurants-Sunshine Coast

There's a lovely Thai restuarant in Caloundra.

Thai Sea Breeze Cafe Bar & Restaurant‎
79 Edmund St, Caloundra, QLD 4551 (07) 5492 8889 ‎

It's near King's Beach.

Hope this helps!

M
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by melaniee
OK, am after a good restaurant on the Sunshine Coast to celebrate some birthdays. Southern end would be better i.e not as far as Noosa. Not as expensive as Spirit House although have heard it is good ! Oh-and needs to cater for vegetarians ! Any suggestions ?? Otherwise will have to be good ole India Today in Maroochydore-I LOVE that place, but fancied somewhere different, so come on-fire away with suggestions !!
Thai Street in Alex Heads...

THE BEST THAI ON THE SUNSHINE COAST, HANDS DOWN...
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:46 am
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Here are a few...

Lyles, Montville and King Ludwigs, Maleny both about the same price around $28 main course.

For something a bit more expensive, The French Room, Woombye they also keep european hours we have still been in there at 11.30pm! Good food and its nice to be able to take your time over a meal rather than the usual rush you in rush you out ausse way.

if you like Indian have your tried, Chutney Mary's in Mooloolabah and there is also a good one off Pt Cartwright Drive, Kawana but I cant remember the name of it.

Does it show we like food
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:50 am

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Also, forgot to mention the best fish and chip shop on the coast... still do their own chips none of this frozen nonsense, you get malt vinegar on them and they have mushy peas! (the owner comes from Leeds) opposite Deasys in Maroochydore.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MenAtWork
Also, forgot to mention the best fish and chip shop on the coast... still do their own chips none of this frozen nonsense, you get malt vinegar on them and they have mushy peas! (the owner comes from Leeds) opposite Deasys in Maroochydore.
Thanks everyone-great suggestions.
Will have to try the chippie also-went to one in Cotton Tree lately and it literally took an hour from placing the order to getting the food-and it was AWFUL !!

P.S-where is Deasys ?!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:27 am

Aerodrome Road between fourth and fifth Avenue if my memory serves me right.