Good Removals

Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:45 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Removals

I guess it's time to get some removals quotes in! I gather Anglo Pacific is not a favourite of anyone...please can you recommend some good firms and let me have their numbers?

Thanks
Lucy
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:47 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Removals

Originally posted by lucyb
I guess it's time to get some removals quotes in! I gather Anglo Pacific is not a favourite of anyone...please can you recommend some good firms and let me have their numbers?

Thanks
Lucy
Hi Lucy

Try a search, there's been loads of crack about shippers. We're using Pickfords, bout £3.5k for sole use of a 20ft container inclusive of insurance

Walla
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Lucy,
we used Pickfords, couldn't fault them, they were excellent and deal with it the other side too!
hugs
Rach x
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:03 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Hi Lucyb

We are thinking of going with Crown £3159.00 for sole use container ... have heard good and bad about them but also about others too!!

Good luck

Sam
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Lucy,
we used Pickfords, couldn't fault them, they were excellent and deal with it the other side too!
hugs
Rach x
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:10 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Lucy,

We're using PSS. They're coming to pack our stuff on Thursday and Friday next week so I'll keep you updated if you like. I have three friends that have used them and they've all been very happy with their service.

Good luck!
Sunchaser
6 weeks to go....
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:16 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by sunchaser
Hi Lucy,

We're using PSS. They're coming to pack our stuff on Thursday and Friday next week so I'll keep you updated if you like. I have three friends that have used them and they've all been very happy with their service.

Good luck!
Sunchaser
6 weeks to go....

we are using pss too......

they are comin monday to pack then back on tuesday to load the 20 foot container.......

we are payin £3,036

and what a pig hole we are in at the mo!!!!

love boomie
xx
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Kirsty R is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lucy
We are using PSS too!
They come on Monday!
So far so good!
Phone wise they've been helpful and haven't yet laughed at some of my ridiculous questions!!
Kirsty
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:37 pm
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future

Hiya

We're using Pickfords they are coming to us for 3 days next week. One word of advice shop around for insurance. Pickfords was 3% by shopping around we got the same cover for 1.5%. Well worth doing your homework on.

Vickeyvixen
12 days and counting
Old Jul 20th 2004, 9:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

YEp, I'd steer clear of ***** ********. Also, for the benefit of people from Sussex, there is a cowboy outfit called ALS World Movers, based in Hove - they did the initial removal - badly
Wouldn't recommend them at all.

SteandLeigh's current post has some scary stuff about Doree Bonner too :scared:
Old Jul 20th 2004, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

onepommie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Movers

We used these people,they did all packing,supplied all box's ect, Door to Door both ends.good service

www.excess-baggage.com
Old Jul 21st 2004, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all

Who contacts you to tell you your goods have arrived and what happens after that - easy to do all the bits and pieces from this end - but am worrying about when the container gets to Aus.

Yvette
Old Jul 21st 2004, 2:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by capacity
Who contacts you to tell you your goods have arrived and what happens after that - easy to do all the bits and pieces from this end - but am worrying about when the container gets to Aus.

Yvette
If you are using a good company, they will get a contact address in OZ from you if possible, and pass it to the firm this end. They will also be able to contact you as soon as they know which ship the container is on, ifnot before, and tell you who the agent will be this end. The agent will then contact you when the ship arrives (the original shippers should also be able to give you an approx date) - and as you should have the agent's name, I suggest you get in touch with them as soon as you have a contact address or number in Oz.
You can give a friends name this end, if you know someone here - they won't just turn up with the container, it just means they have a contact number.

Its more straightforward than it seems - I had the most ineeficient shippers, who gave me all thewrong details, but the stuff was still delivered the day after release by AQIS. So don't panic!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all

Thanks for the useful information.

We are using Pickfords although I nearly had a heart-attack when they told me the price - however we shall not be bringing stove, fridge etc. only our lovely teak furniture so could possibly be using half!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.