Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good RC Primary School's in Perth (Rockingham area)

Good RC Primary School's in Perth (Rockingham area)

Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:32 am
Just Joined

burkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really nice
Question Good RC Primary School's in Perth (Rockingham area)

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good school for my 2 children ages 9 and 6!
We are due to arrive on 22nd January 2008 and are looking to enrol them in a good school. We have heard that good school's (as in the UK )have waiting lists. We are looking to stay with family in Armadale for the first few week's but are prepared to travel out of the area in order to get them both in a good school.
OH want Rockingham or south of the river but as in UK good school's are always in good areas anyone any recommendations for us?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice
Default Re: Good RC Primary School's in Perth (Rockingham area)

Originally Posted by burkesdownunder
Hi,
We are due to arrive on 22nd January 2008 and are looking to enrol them in a good school. We have heard that good school's (as in the UK )have waiting lists. We are looking to stay with family in Armadale for the first few week's but are prepared to travel out of the area in order to get them both in a good school.
OH want Rockingham or south of the river but as in UK good school's are always in good areas anyone any recommendations for us?
Hi, there's a few in Rockingham (star of the Sea), one in Port Kennedy, St Bernadettes (gets a good name). We considered this one for our kids 9 and 6 but in the end sent them to the local school in Secret Harbour as it's across the road. With hindsight, we wished we had sent them to St Bernadettes but they are now settled.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
Hi,

We're in Port Kennedy and just around the corner from St Bernadette's. Our dd goes to another local primary, but St. B's has always had good reports from the folks we know.

r12p
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Heard Tranby college is good in neighbouring Balvidis
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:43 pm
Paula Eddie and Family

Paula223 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mindblower
Heard Tranby college is good in neighbouring Balvidis
Tranby Colledge is really good my daughter goes there so its brill as we live on SettlersHills estate Baldivis where we built so we live just 2 streets so handy for my daughter no bus to catch also my nephew goes
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Can you be a bit more specific about what makes it brill??!! It's not very often on here that you get such enthusiasm about schools . What age is your daughter?

I've got 2 girls 9 (10 when we arrive) and 13 so need to find primary and high schools, preferably SOR but have never been to perth before so am keeping an open mind .

I have a job in subiaco so dont want to commute too far but then again cant afford some of the more expensive areas

Thanks in advance x
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

From what age can kids go to Tranby, mines are 6 and 9 [

QUOTE=midwife2be;5154836]Can you be a bit more specific about what makes it brill??!! It's not very often on here that you get such enthusiasm about schools . What age is your daughter?

I've got 2 girls 9 (10 when we arrive) and 13 so need to find primary and high schools, preferably SOR but have never been to perth before so am keeping an open mind .

I have a job in subiaco so dont want to commute too far but then again cant afford some of the more expensive areas

Thanks in advance x[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:14 am
Paula Eddie and Family

Paula223 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by carolwilk34

they can go Tranby from about 6 as there is Tranby primary,and the reason i think it is brill is that my daughter really enjoys it and the teachers are lovely and it is just perfect being on our doorstep rather than my daughters having to travel to get to school.

QUOTE=midwife2be;5154836]Can you be a bit more specific about what makes it brill??!! It's not very often on here that you get such enthusiasm about schools . What age is your daughter?

Thanks in advance x
[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:22 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by carolwilk34

Hi Carol, how is it all going, haven't caught up for ages,,,,keep 1st Sept. free having a spa party..How is the new job...Suz and ill

Thanks in advance x
[/QUOTE]