Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good quality Streetview of Perth - coming to google earth

Good quality Streetview of Perth - coming to google earth

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:13 am
Banned

The Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really nice
Default Good quality Streetview of Perth - coming to google earth

Hi all,

I am uploading all my panoramas of WA to Google Earth - so instead of the drab quality of streetview you will get virtual tours that are a little more inspirational!

just head to here - 360cities (there are hundreds of other locations if you are interested too)

Google is actually accepting businesses aswell - meaning hotels etc can soon be viewed in Google Earth

enjoy - ps hundreds more to come
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:49 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: Good quality Streetview of Perth - coming to google earth

Originally Posted by The Outback Monkeys
I am uploading all my panoramas of WA to Google Earth - so instead of the drab quality of streetview you will get virtual tours that are a little more inspirational!

just head to here - 360cities (there are hundreds of other locations if you are interested too)
Impressive panoramas, John - what kit are you using to take them?

Oh, and I especially liked the fact that the South Bank one clearly shows the shadow of you taking the pic

Cheers
b
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:04 am
Banned

The Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really nice

ha ha yes - with over 200 to do, I can`t be perfect. And my lean figure is better than that of a holden astra (ahem GOOGLE)

Canon cameras - (the new D5 has arrived) and a very clever lens + plus alot of time.

I am actually creating VR full time for realestate and commercial clients - If I do anything that is worth a look as far as value for migrants I`ll give you the heads up.

I actually have a number of contracts that could be very useful however I won`t divulge on a public forum.

Last edited by The Outback Monkeys; Dec 3rd 2008 at 5:11 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:19 am
Banned

just added mundaring weir

Also - you may like this site www.panedia.com

Its not our site, just a good friends - and I did help a bit in WA.

Last edited by The Outback Monkeys; Dec 3rd 2008 at 5:23 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:16 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Outback Monkeys
Canon cameras - (the new D5 has arrived) and a very clever lens + plus a lot of time.
Ah, I guess the secret's in the lens... I have a 400D and some good panorama software, but haven't tried doing a fully spherical shot - it just takes so long to get all the images. I guess you have a very wide angle lens?

The next questions involve how you get the exposure matching right... but that'd bore everyone else on BE

Cheers
b
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:26 am
Banned

I could tell you about my site www.flash360.net and really bore you!!

yep Wide angle - and then some. I'm thinking of selling one of my lenses because it works best without a full frame camera - perfect for the 400D

Full spherical in 4 shots! (i`ll teach you how!)