British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Good Quality Hotels - Gold Coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/good-quality-hotels-gold-coast-290839/)

jasonK944 Mar 18th 2005 10:40 am

Good Quality Hotels - Gold Coast

Its been a few years since we have had a "proper" holiday and we now want to go to the Gold Coast in a 4 star hotel. I have two kids aged 8 and 5 and am looking for a hotel that is near the theme parks and is of good quality. Can anyone suggest, through personal recommendation (as opposed to websearches) a good hotel?

debsy Mar 18th 2005 11:09 am

Re: Good Quality Hotels - Gold Coast

Originally Posted by jasonK944
Its been a few years since we have had a "proper" holiday and we now want to go to the Gold Coast in a 4 star hotel. I have two kids aged 8 and 5 and am looking for a hotel that is near the theme parks and is of good quality. Can anyone suggest, through personal recommendation (as opposed to websearches) a good hotel?

Hi
I am based on the Gold Coast. If you want a nice hotel you could try Palazzo Versace or Sea World Nara Resort. Both are at Main Beach. If you would like a self contained apartment - let me know as we run a building on the Gold Coast.

lynnlovessun Mar 18th 2005 11:13 am

I stayed in the Legends hotel, Surfers Paradise - we drove to the theme parks (they aren't far). The hotel was lovely and we booked a superior sea view room which overlooked Surfers (even though the hotel is set 1 street back from the beach itself).

Can't remember - think it was 4 * but a very high standard in the rooms and breakfast was lovely. For us the location was spot on and we would def go again - infact I can't wait to go back. I consider myself and my husband to have high standards - as we have been spoilt by some of the holidays we have had.

Lynn :)

Barbara_CH Mar 18th 2005 11:25 am

Hi there

I have just had a few inspections and the ones I would suggest are;

Outrigger Sun city- Most beautiful hotel, egyption style, kids club, great swimming pool, close to the city. Prob the best you can get in surfers paradise.

Mercure Surfers Paradise- 3+ Star accommodation, not as nice as outrigger but heaven for kids. But be aware- there are hundrets of kids.

To go to the themeparks, I would recommend a transfer pass like the Gold Pass or Freedom Pass. (inc. Airport transfers, unlimited Surfside bus and theme park transfers)

Hope that helps,

Barbara

rumbletum Mar 19th 2005 5:40 am

Hi Frank

Friends of ours camped at the Treasure Island resort which they said was great for the kids with lots of activities and near to the theme parks.

They also have deluxe villas and apartments if you are not into the camping thing.... :)

gazza22222 Mar 20th 2005 10:43 am

Hi Jason

Legends hotel is a good hotel in Surfers, as is the the 'Moroccan' or you could try the 'Phoenician' hotel in Broadbeach. If you want airport or theme park transfers, then I can help you with that as I have a minibus and people carrier company here on the Gold Coast. I have a 6 seater Chrysler Voyager which I use for the transfers etc.

My e-mail address is:- [email protected] should you be interested.

Regards
Gary

jasonK944 Mar 21st 2005 9:21 am

Thanks - are any of these suggestions particularly good for kids?

gazza22222 Mar 21st 2005 11:29 am

Thanks - are any of these suggestions particularly good for kids?

Hi Jason

They all have pools etc, other than possibly an amusment arcade section & a gym, but its been a while since we arrived in the Gold Coast so I can't remember exactly. The 'Pheonician' in Broadbeach also has an indoor pool as well as an outdoor one.

Cheers

Gary