Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good Pubs On The Goldcoast!

Good Pubs On The Goldcoast!

Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Good Pubs On The Goldcoast!

What are everyone's favourite pubs & bars on the Gold Coast & why?
Do you know of any with decent beer gardens or terraces?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Pubs On The Goldcoast!

Originally Posted by sambo76
Don't know about pubs. If we want a drink out we go to one of the surf clubs. They may not have a beer garden but they have fab views
Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:57 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't know about pubs. If we want a drink out we go to one of the surf clubs. They may not have a beer garden but they have fab views

Sounds good!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:24 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sambo76
The Avenue on Orchid Ave is a good pub to sit and people watch,theres the Beach House too and the Monkey Cage(i think its cage) has great music is nice inside but has no outside area.Its great for a Fri/Sat night.
Theres also a few Irish bars on Cavil Ave.Plenty of bars to keep you going but ive not come across any beer gardenesque pubs.
It hasnt stopped us trying them all though!LOL.

There is one called the beer garden,its upstairs and though we've not been in it,theres been a couple of fights outside it.I think its a bit chavvy.
The others seem fine,and we've only been here for 7 weeks so maybe someone else can recommend more bars.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the recommendations, Brido are these around Surfers way, I'm sure I recognise a couple of the names? I'm not suprised by the lack of beergardens. but for afternoon beers you need a view of some sorts, so I'm gonna try the surf clubs. Brisbane's Southbank had a great pub with beer garden & bbq when we were last there- does anyone know if its still gonna strong?