Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good places to eat outside where you can take your dogs in Melbourne

Good places to eat outside where you can take your dogs in Melbourne

Old Oct 30th 2010, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Melbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really nice
Default Good places to eat outside where you can take your dogs in Melbourne

Hi all,

might be a bit of an obscure thread but just wondering if anybody has any favourites.

I have two dogs and the Mrs and I both work full time - they are fine together during the day but I feel guilty about leaving them if we want to go out for something to eat during the week - so often tend not too and wait until weekends.

We have found a few good restaurants that have either pavement tables or an area outside where they are happy for you to have your dogs with you - (we have always given our a good walk beforehand so they crash out under the table and people often don't even notice they are there).

So a few favourites so far are:

*Mosaic in Altona (Pier St) - beer garden at the back
*The Table - a newish place on Fitzroy St in St Kilda
*Barcelona - Tapas bar again on Fitzroy St - The churros are better than any I have actually had in Barcelona.

Anybody care to share any others?

Cheers,
Mark.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 2:04 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good places to eat outside where you can take your dogs in Melbourne

Can't help with the doggies but thanks for the info on the tapas bar. Yum.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 4:13 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Good places to eat outside where you can take your dogs in Melbourne

There's a dog bar in St Kilda where you can drink with your dogs -

http://www.dogsbar.com.au/

BB
Old Oct 30th 2010, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good places to eat outside where you can take your dogs in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Melbourne bound Mark
Hi all,

might be a bit of an obscure thread but just wondering if anybody has any favourites.

I have two dogs and the Mrs and I both work full time - they are fine together during the day but I feel guilty about leaving them if we want to go out for something to eat during the week - so often tend not too and wait until weekends.

We have found a few good restaurants that have either pavement tables or an area outside where they are happy for you to have your dogs with you - (we have always given our a good walk beforehand so they crash out under the table and people often don't even notice they are there).

So a few favourites so far are:

*Mosaic in Altona (Pier St) - beer garden at the back
*The Table - a newish place on Fitzroy St in St Kilda
*Barcelona - Tapas bar again on Fitzroy St - The churros are better than any I have actually had in Barcelona.

Anybody care to share any others?

Cheers,
Mark.
The Espy on Sunday morning for breakfast.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Melbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really nice

Gave this place a go today.

http://www.visitvictoria.com/display...1CE002CDE1105/

only a dozen or so covered seats outside (yes we braved the torrential rain!) and they were more than happy for us to be there with our dogs and it was pretty good - the standouts are the desserts though.

The deconstructed snickers dessert that the pastry chef here took on for the contestents on master chef to give a go is a must.

Seem to have nearly all St Kilda restaurants so far though.

Come on somebody must know some others in different parts of Melbourne?
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:33 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melbourne bound Mark
Come on somebody must know some others in different parts of Melbourne?
Parkdale Beach Cafe - I know cos I was there with my dog yesterday although we were only having coffee (well me and my friend were, the dog wasn't having coffee....). Lovely setting right on the beach with all round water views, great for breakfast or lunch and you can tie your dog up right next to your table.

BB
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Drell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really nice

excellent thread... will keep this x
Old Oct 31st 2010, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

"Good places to eat" don't allow dogs on the premises ( With the exception of guide dogs ).
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:53 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hino
"Good places to eat" don't allow dogs on the premises ( With the exception of guide dogs ).
Yep I've been to a few bars full of Cougars many with a good few dogs thrown in
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hino
We just spent 3 weeks in France and dogs are pretty much allowed in most food places. I don't have a problem with his unless they were at the table. Didn't see one misbehave. Would love it if we could take our dogs with us at the weekends for brunch but we are stuck with a few places that have pavement seating - otherwise if it is raining the dogs have to stay at home.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Not too bad a Thai in Werribee with a few tables outside.

http://www.eatability.com.au/au/melb...ai-restaurant/

Come on dog owners not many being added to the list on here!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:24 am
Victorian Evangelist

I had lunch on Thursday in Sorrento - we sat outside, ordered our meals, the dog was lying down at my feet, without being asked the waitress brought him a dog bowl of water which I thought was very nice. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the place.....

BB
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

MattandCaz is an unknown quantity at this point

D lish fish in Port Melbourne by where the spirit of tasmania docks really nice and theres always people sat outside with their dogs!
Old Nov 7th 2010, 12:26 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Dalmatino and The Graham, Port Melbourne. Lots of lovely cafes/bistros along Bay Street too - Ciao Chello, Noisette are both fab. Or great fish and chips at Hunky Dory.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Found another good one today.

Laus Family Kitchen on Ackland St in St Kilda.

Owned by the same people as the Flower Drum in the city.

Anybody got anymore to add?

Cheers,
Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.