British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/good-news-skilled-sponsored-may-june-2001-a-111177/)

ndaltonb Sep 9th 2002 2:50 pm

Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 
Hi all,

Just been told that my case has now been assessed and I meet the basic requirements for the 139 visa subclass category. However, before I can ask my sponsor to lodge the Assurance of Support bond, I've been asked to clarify a few things so not quite there yet. Fingers crossed and champagne is on ice for a few weeks yet. :)

The all important piece of info is that we applied June 8th 2001 to Team One (Yay go Team One) and our application is relatively clean and simple. To those who applied May/June and still waiting, AHC must be looking at them and skimming through the easy ones. Bear in mind they are probably also dealing with applications from Jan 2001 as well and so are dealing with everything from Jan to June 2001.

Once again, GO TEAM ONE

Nigel db

Grub Sep 9th 2002 3:10 pm

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 
Hi Horshamites

We are skilled independant (Team 2) and applied may 2001. My agent told me they have just started May 2001. Does this mean your news is better than mine or are we totally different as you are sponsored?? God i am confused?


Originally posted by ndaltonb:
Hi all,

Just been told that my case has now been assessed and I meet the basic requirements for the 139 visa subclass category. However, before I can ask my sponsor to lodge the Assurance of Support bond, I've been asked to clarify a few things so not quite there yet. Fingers crossed and champagne is on ice for a few weeks yet. :)

The all important piece of info is that we applied June 8th 2001 to Team One (Yay go Team One) and our application is relatively clean and simple. To those who applied May/June and still waiting, AHC must be looking at them and skimming through the easy ones. Bear in mind they are probably also dealing with applications from Jan 2001 as well and so are dealing with everything from Jan to June 2001.

Once again, GO TEAM ONE

Nigel db

ndaltonb Sep 9th 2002 3:25 pm

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 
Hi Nicky,

Don't really know but I think we are subset of skilled indep. :confused: The teams can't really work in strict chronological order as some applications more difficult than others. "May for Team 2" and June 8th for Team One sounds about the same to me.

I imagine they run through a batch and do what they can to clear the bulk of them and then start working on the tricky ones.

Nigel

GO TEAM ONE



Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Hi Horshamites

We are skilled independant (Team 2) and applied may 2001. My agent told me they have just started May 2001. Does this mean your news is better than mine or are we totally different as you are sponsored?? God i am confused?

Kershaw4 Sep 9th 2002 6:16 pm

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 

Originally posted by ndaltonb:
Hi Nicky,

Hi after a tricky wait wondering if our eldest daughter would make the grade due to her turning 18 alls well that ends well. We received our visas in passport this weekend and have booked flights arriving in Brisbane on 20th November. A big thank you to all those who helped calm my nerves and sent me in the right direction to update our application when our daughter tunred 18. We applied in March 2001 and I think we were pretty straightforward apart from the 18yr old. Didn't use an agent so saved some money for those considering doing it themselves I would say if you are straightforward and have common sense save yourself a grand or so.



jockney Sep 10th 2002 4:31 pm

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Hi Horshamites

We are skilled independant (Team 2) and applied may 2001. My agent told me they have just started May 2001. Does this mean your news is better than mine or are we totally different as you are sponsored?? God i am confused?

Hi`I,M skill ind ,non modl app june 2001 and have been told by agent last week that I`d be lucky if I heard from ahc this year.My search on timeline shows nobody in the same situation has been contacted from march 2001 onwards.Can you give any more info on this may/june thing because I am more confused than ever .thanks:(

Andy P Sep 10th 2002 6:45 pm

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 
Like Nigel, we applied as skilled sponsored on June 8th 2001 but are in team 2. We finally received a letter yesterday asking for a little extra info. Hope this gives a little hope!
Andy

ndaltonb Sep 10th 2002 9:23 pm

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 
Hi all,

Phoned AHC today to let them have some info and told all skilled sponsored has been moved to a different team. Seems as thought there is a bit of specialising going on at AHC to clear the backlog.

Nice work AHC and hope you clear the backlog soon. THANKS :)

Nigel


Originally posted by Andy P:
Like Nigel, we applied as skilled sponsored on June 8th 2001 but are in team 2. We finally received a letter yesterday asking for a little extra info. Hope this gives a little hope!
Andy

SuzeM Sep 10th 2002 9:45 pm

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 

Originally posted by ndaltonb:
Hi all,

Phoned AHC today to let them have some info and told all skilled sponsored has been moved to a different team. Seems as thought there is a bit of specialising going on at AHC to clear the backlog.

Nice work AHC and hope you clear the backlog soon. THANKS :)

Nigel

We applied May 2001 and they've had our Medicals etc for over a month now. Hope this new "team" are going to actually earn their money and get some visas issued 'cos I really fancy Christmas on the beach!
Sue

Grub Sep 11th 2002 9:42 am

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 
What??!! How do you mean, moved? Surely that will confuse them even more. Moved to where? Outer Mongolia? God give me strength. I want to hand my notice in!"!!!!!!!! I'm a British Expats Forum Celebrity (wannabe)- GET ME OUTTA HERE!!


Originally posted by ndaltonb:
Hi all,

Phoned AHC today to let them have some info and told all skilled sponsored has been moved to a different team. Seems as thought there is a bit of specialising going on at AHC to clear the backlog.

Nice work AHC and hope you clear the backlog soon. THANKS :)

Nigel


ndaltonb Sep 11th 2002 10:15 am

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 
Hi Nicky,

Nope just moved to another team in AHC London. Maybe it means Teams 1 & 2 can now focus only on Skilled Indep

BTW Which number do we call to keep you on the NG? :confused:


Originally posted by NickyTurner:
What??!! How do you mean, moved?

Grub Sep 11th 2002 10:17 am

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 
BTW Which number do we call to keep you on the NG? :confused:

??Sorry guys- what does that mean (i think if i remember rightly NG means news group). Did you get the bit re Horsham (ie hubbie from Horsham- down there once a month'ish?)

Grub Sep 11th 2002 10:19 am

Re: Good news for Skilled Sponsored May/June 2001
 
Derrr- think i get it now. You mean like have i a number[ on my back etc etc. Sorry- it's still early!

QUOTE]Originally posted by ndaltonb:
Hi Nicky,

Nope just moved to another team in AHC London. Maybe it means Teams 1 & 2 can now focus only on Skilled Indep

BTW Which number do we call to keep you on the NG? :confused:

[/QUOTE]


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:34 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.