Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good News in Post Yesterday!

Good News in Post Yesterday!

Old Aug 13th 2003, 12:54 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good News in Post Yesterday!

Finally, it's arrived. What, the visa? No - I'm already here.

A parcel with 3 M&S work shirts, ahh, the quality...
Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Re: Good News in Post Yesterday!

You lucky lucky boy. Did you get any undies??

Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Just replaced some work socks for Hubby, went to Target. After first day of wearing them there's a hole in the toe. Clothes quality is shite over here.

I need a day in M&S to top up all our undies.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Kids stuff from Target is not too bad but had the sock problem there too with my sons trainer socks!
Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

I think they have quality control issues over here.

Opened a new toothpaste today and the tube hasn't been sealed properly, toothpaste is leaking out of the seam down the side. Also had a dodgy Milo dessert (the green ones), they overdosed on coco power (I think) - it was disgusting.

No big deal really - I find it quite amusing.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Kath
I think they have quality control issues over here.

Opened a new toothpaste today and the tube hasn't been sealed properly, toothpaste is leaking out of the seam down the side. Also had a dodgy Milo dessert (the green ones), they overdosed on coco power (I think) - it was disgusting.

No big deal really - I find it quite amusing.
i can' t believe what they sell here. Dining chairs with flaws in fabric, bean bag with rips in in which they had sewn up! sofa that had so much frame missing it collapsed. All of those companies told us they cant afford quality control so stuff just goes out without being checked. Seems its to keep the aussies happy with cheap goods regardless of how shoddy they are. Carpet dyed with 4 different colours just prompted a suggestion of replacing it with yellow carpet instead of the cream we ordered if we did not like the faulty stuff. Guess you either laugh or scream.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 3:12 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good News in Post Yesterday!

Originally posted by renth
Finally, it's arrived. What, the visa? No - I'm already here.

A parcel with 3 M&S work shirts, ahh, the quality...
Australia makes little in manufactured goods so most things we buy are made in China and the lowest quality they can make and sell.
Now if you ever need a good rock I am sure Australia has the best.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 13th 2003 at 3:21 am.