Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good news for Ikea fans (in Brisbane)

Wikiposts

Good news for Ikea fans (in Brisbane)

Old Jan 24th 2006, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good news for Ikea fans (in Brisbane)

Ok - you either love Ikea or hate it, but if you're a fan you can't fail to be dissappointed by the one in Brisbane (Springwood). Its about a quarter of the size of the ones in the UK and the stock levels are dire. (6 weeks waiting for some bog standard kitchen carcasses, 6 weeks wait for a wooden blind).

And you can't order anything from Sydney and expect it to be available in Brisbane. They simply won't do it.

So you'll be pleased to know they're building another one, much much bigger. I couldn't seem to get a proper answer as to exactly where, but sounds like its going to be further down the M1 in the Gold Coast direction.

So any Ikea fans should see a new store by October 2006 (apparently). Must admit I'm not a great fan, but I do like the occasional visit for a plate of meatballs (he he!). But I have found some really good furniture stores all over Brisbane - just a shame they don't all sell Swedish meatballs........

Netta
Old Jan 24th 2006, 1:30 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future
Default Re: Good news for Ikea fans (in Brisbane)

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Ok - you either love Ikea or hate it, but if you're a fan you can't fail to be dissappointed by the one in Brisbane (Springwood). Its about a quarter of the size of the ones in the UK and the stock levels are dire. (6 weeks waiting for some bog standard kitchen carcasses, 6 weeks wait for a wooden blind).

And you can't order anything from Sydney and expect it to be available in Brisbane. They simply won't do it.

So you'll be pleased to know they're building another one, much much bigger. I couldn't seem to get a proper answer as to exactly where, but sounds like its going to be further down the M1 in the Gold Coast direction.

So any Ikea fans should see a new store by October 2006 (apparently). Must admit I'm not a great fan, but I do like the occasional visit for a plate of meatballs (he he!). But I have found some really good furniture stores all over Brisbane - just a shame they don't all sell Swedish meatballs........

Netta
I've got to say I quite like the 'modern, continental' ideas of Ikea. Are there funriture stores in a similar genre in Brisbane? If all goes to plan, will be there in 2 months time!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 1:37 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Good god I lurve IKEA!!!

I didn't realise there was an IKEA in Sydney but now I've just noticed that there are two there - I'm landed! LOL

Thats it I'm not taking much across now - I'm gonna chuck it all and buy new out there - god I love shopping! LOL
Old Jan 24th 2006, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Well pleased I love Ikea too.Glad its going to be bigger.The one in Perth looked only small but did not go in it.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Well pleased I love Ikea too.Glad its going to be bigger.The one in Perth looked only small but did not go in it.

What about Adelaide

Ali
Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alison1967
What about Adelaide

Ali

They wouldn't appreciate sophisticated stuff down there.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:08 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
That's exactly why they should have an IKEA
Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:42 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Netta
i was in there the other week and a woman next to me was saying how she'd "been waiting all her life to go to ikea and now she was finally here " haha poor thing she was obviously easily pleased
Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:55 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
i was in there the other week and a woman next to me was saying how she'd "been waiting all her life to go to ikea and now she was finally here " haha poor thing she was obviously easily pleased
She's from Brissy what did you expect
Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I have to say I do like IKEA. I like browsing the displays and the fact they sell a version of Dime bars is fab. However I was very disappointed with the quality of the furniture, when we went to the one at Springwood a few weeks ago, it was very flimsy and dear for what it was. I bought a lovely bedside lamp, which was very reasonable and a few bits and pieces, but the furniture was definitely not of the same standard it used to be. We brought some sturdy office furniture from one IKEA in England.

I am looking forward to the opening of the new store though.

Katie
Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Says you! ha!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

Netta
I like your way of thinking Netta - deciding on a good store by the choice of the meatballs! Classic!

I have to admit I am an Ikea fan. The Springwood store is a lot smaller than what we had in the UK but we still bought quite a few things for our apartment.

My only complaint with the Springwood store was that they have limited stock and we had to drive to their excess warehouse towards the Gold Coast to collect a table. I asked why they couldn't drive the table to Springwood for us to collect but they just said "No we can't do that"

Oh well, I like the table though so it was worth the extra journey.

Will see what the new store will bring - maybe bigger meatballs!! Tee Hee

Shell
Old Jan 24th 2006, 12:19 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

***** Ikea - The Revolution Is About To Begin
[PG Recommended]
Lets just say they're not my favourite reseller of cheap scandinavian furniture.

What! Even the url gets censored? You'll have to fill in the blanks.

Last edited by gedge; Jan 24th 2006 at 12:20 pm. Reason: censored
Old Jan 24th 2006, 12:32 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Netta
Oh Bollocks - came here to try and escape that crap not find they are building bigger ones
Old Jan 24th 2006, 12:51 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately it looks like Perth is getting a much bigger Tat (sorry, Ikea) store in Osbourne park as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.