Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good News Folks [I think]

Good News Folks [I think]

Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:51 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good News Folks [I think]

Excellent news folks must tell someone: After months of trying to find a mortgage company that would lend us money to build our house we finally signed up for the necessary finance tonight. Whoopee Deb's parents may get to sleep in a real house at Christmas instead of a tent on our block.
After reading a thread last week about a self employed chap who managed to borrow 200+k after being a sub-contractor for a mere 10 weeks [you know who you are thanks for posting] we did another tour of the lenders in the area. Armed with a copy of that post and refusing to take no for an answer, harassing the staff for reasons as to why one person can get finance but not another . Most still refused to lend a couple of self employed pommie tilers a bloody cent, But!!! one had a second look and that's all we needed, a bit of the personal touch . Not quite as easy as most as we had to give them copies of our accounts from March last yr to date as well as copies of our BAS statements and copies of the bank statements etc.
What a bloody relief, Deb's smiling again.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:55 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good News Folks [I think]

Sounds like a result!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Excellent news folks must tell someone: After months of trying to find a mortgage company that would lend us money to build our house we finally signed up for the necessary finance tonight. Whoopee Deb's parents may get to sleep in a real house at Christmas instead of a tent on our block.
After reading a thread last week about a self employed chap who managed to borrow 200+k after being a sub-contractor for a mere 10 weeks [you know who you are thanks for posting] we did another tour of the lenders in the area. Armed with a copy of that post and refusing to take no for an answer, harassing the staff for reasons as to why one person can get finance but not another . Most still refused to lend a couple of self employed pommie tilers a bloody cent, But!!! one had a second look and that's all we needed, a bit of the personal touch . Not quite as easy as most as we had to give them copies of our accounts from March last yr to date as well as copies of our BAS statements and copies of the bank statements etc.
Excellent news!!! Really pleased for you. Between that and the Monster Munch, Deb must think its Christmas
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:14 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Excellent news!!! Really pleased for you. Between that and the Monster Munch, Deb must think its Christmas
Dunno Polly,
Since the guy left Deb's been in the bedroom she came out briefly smelling of pickled onions and grinning like a naughty schoolgirl :scared:
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:29 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Talking Re: Good News Folks [I think]

Dunno Polly,
Since the guy left Deb's been in the bedroom she came out briefly smelling of pickled onions and grinning like a naughty schoolgirl :scared:

Tell Deb she's a naughtly girl! I dunno, bribing mortgage brokers with Pickled Onion Monster Munch ... *shakes head*

Good news, you blokes, glad to hear it. Onya!

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Darren Gilbert is an unknown quantity at this point

hi cresta57 great news,
i am a wall and floor tiler just set up on my own doing mostly domestic work and would like to build my own home ,what bank gave you the ok for this,and how has the tiling gone for you over here getting the tiling licence etc would love to hear from you.thanks
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:52 pm

Resurrecting this old thread as I don't want to start a new one.
After signing preliminary papers for the loan way back in April we're still waiting for the bloody loan to come through.
Yesterday we received a copy of the same letter we got 2 months ago telling us we had conditional approval for the loan, today we received a huge package asking us to sign up for a completely different loan pay a huge [to us] fee and we may get a loan.
Understandably I'm fuming as this company has strung us along for 2 months during which time we've paid the deposit on the house and work to the block has begun soil tests council plans and approval etc.
Reading between the lines it appears that the initial loan which was to have been with Bank West and costing us a $500 dollar fee has fallen through and not wanting to loose his commission the Useless twat at Mortgage Force has tried to sign us up with a "low Doc's" from a company called Mortgage Mart without explaining anything. To process our application they're asking for $1000 to cover valuations and admin fees plus another $450 for legal fees.
Bloody company I'm fuming at the lack of progress and the lack of communication.
Mortgage Force I name and shame you.
Right off to work to smash some more tiles and throw stuff around
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:07 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Mortgage Force I name and shame you.
DIRTY B@%£+*%S
worth starting a new thread slating them