Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good News/Bad news !

Good News/Bad news !

Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:17 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good News/Bad news !

Bad news is i have just (yesterday) sent off my capital investment bond (the thick end of £44k) and got a crap rate, the good news is that i got 5.30% interest - woo !!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:56 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good News/Bad news !

Swings and roundabouts isnt it...... hope the rate picks up a bit, dont know what to do about our cash!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:02 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wargod
Bad news is i have just (yesterday) sent off my capital investment bond (the thick end of £44k) and got a crap rate, the good news is that i got 5.30% interest - woo !!
Dont forget wargod, you pay Tax on your interest this end
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Does that make it "good news, bad news, worse news" doesn't have the same ring to it.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
Does that make it "good news, bad news, worse news" doesn't have the same ring to it.
Lol....good news for Taxman, bad news for WG.....worse news for his wife/partner....cos less to spend on shoooooooes
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:34 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Lol....good news for Taxman, bad news for WG.....worse news for his wife/partner....cos less to spend on shoooooooes
We're off to Aus - she can wear flip flops (thongs) like the rest of the Aussies !!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:36 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

Thanks for peeing on my fireworks !!

If we sod off (ie take up Aussie residency) before we get the money back - surely you wouldnt pay tax on it though?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:36 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by bridiej
Swings and roundabouts isnt it...... hope the rate picks up a bit, dont know what to do about our cash!
Give it to me - and i'll give you 3 magic beans
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wargod
We're off to Aus - she can wear flip flops (thongs) like the rest of the Aussies !!
PMSL......it' pyjamas and bare feet actually

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329658
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:40 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

PMSL......it' pyjamas and bare feet actually

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329658
I was reading that thread earlier - nowt as strang as folk (as they say in a northern accent )