good news!!!!!!

Old Jul 28th 2004, 11:06 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default good news!!!!!!

We have now moved in to mum's for the next 10 weeks.....

looks like we will be cramped..... but hey could b worse.

It's mainly the luggage...... i tell ya what.... we all have a suitcase each...(7 ov us) and they only weigh 20/22 kgms each....we have an allowance ov 40....what do peeps take to use up the extra??????

Best Bit...........

Andy just come home and told me that his request for redundancy has been accepted.....so he is well pleased and the dept. can't understand why....but they will as soon as he gets the fat cheque....heheheheh

love boomie
xxxxxx
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Good luck boomie.
sold your house than

You are better in a house than a caravan this one is very small but with 7 of you you well porb need 3 caravan lol.
it can get cold as will so you are better at mums house.

have you got a date yet?
how are you feeling paul told me that you were not feeling to good hope you are better now.luck after yourself

How is hubby and the kids looking forward to there new life down under?

Take Care love
ann marie
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good news!!!!!!

Originally posted by Boomie
We have now moved in to mum's for the next 10 weeks.....

looks like we will be cramped..... but hey could b worse.

It's mainly the luggage...... i tell ya what.... we all have a suitcase each...(7 ov us) and they only weigh 20/22 kgms each....we have an allowance ov 40....what do peeps take to use up the extra??????

Best Bit...........

Andy just come home and told me that his request for redundancy has been accepted.....so he is well pleased and the dept. can't understand why....but they will as soon as he gets the fat cheque....heheheheh

love boomie
xxxxxx
My god, I don't think I've ever travelled with underweight luggage.......want a shopping list???!!!

Fab news about the redundancy money - what timing!!!!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:56 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Great news boomie & Co............we're all on orange boxes at the moment !

all the best plum & Co

ps not long now....
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Boomie,

I don't what was in your cases but Becky did a test pack and hers weighed the 35kgs.

We are going to have to take 7 cases between the 5 of us.

Glad it's all sorted for you love. Can't wait to see you all on the other side
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:16 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Boomie

If you take more than the alloted luggage limit they charge you extra. Wouldn't it be a good idea and incentive if they refunded you money for taking less than your alloted limit. Maybe we should lobby the airlines for this type of incentive!!! better still with good ideas like this maybe I should mount a challenge for the CEO's job at BA!!!! ELKSA FOR PRESIDENT!!!!! FREE FLIGHTS FOR ALL EXPATS!!!!!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Billabong
Boomie,

I don't what was in your cases but Becky did a test pack and hers weighed the 35kgs.

We are going to have to take 7 cases between the 5 of us.

Glad it's all sorted for you love. Can't wait to see you all on the other side
If it does weigh 35kg, then you will need to slim it down a bit. There is a new regulation that the maximum wieght for any case is 32kg at Heathrow,. see http://www.baa.com/main/airports/hea...age_frame.html
for more details

Alastair
Old Jul 28th 2004, 3:26 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Well Done Andy & Boomie

Great news about the redundancy payment ----- hope it's megabucks for you
Old Jul 28th 2004, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by elksa
If you take more than the alloted luggage limit they charge you extra. Wouldn't it be a good idea and incentive if they refunded you money for taking less than your alloted limit. Maybe we should lobby the airlines for this type of incentive!!! better still with good ideas like this maybe I should mount a challenge for the CEO's job at BA!!!! ELKSA FOR PRESIDENT!!!!! FREE FLIGHTS FOR ALL EXPATS!!!!!

I have often thought along these lines.....I'm quite a small person and think it would be much fairer if you paid for your ticket according to your weight. I assume the fact that they charge for excess baggage means it costs more to fly, therefore if people are carrying 'excess baggage' why don't they have to pay more?

p.s. if you're offering free flights for all expats...you'd get my vote!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

My god paying by your weight, no way I'd have to pay masses of extra baggage. Could be a god way to encourage dieting. I will tomorrow I promise, just after one last cream cake
Old Jul 28th 2004, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you imagine the fun at the check in desk as everyone stripped off trying to get their weight down
Old Jul 28th 2004, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Put it this way I wouldn't have to worry about a full plane.