Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this a good idea when packing.....?

Is this a good idea when packing.....?

Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is this a good idea when packing.....?

I intend to put a big label on the outside of each of my boxes.

As well as containing the box number and list of contents, I think I'll
put the street address they need to go to (now that we have rented somewhere), but is it a good idea to put further contact details on this label such as:

my Oz home phone number
my Oz mobile phone number
my email address

Whaddya reckon peeps?

Any other packing advice ?
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:36 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a good idea when packing.....?

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
I intend to put a big label on the outside of each of my boxes.

As well as containing the box number and list of contents, I think I'll
put the street address they need to go to (now that we have rented somewhere), but is it a good idea to put further contact details on this label such as:

my Oz home phone number
my Oz mobile phone number
my email address

Whaddya reckon peeps?

Any other packing advice ?
That's exactly what we did. Also get some of the A4 plastic wallets and place your printed contents/address inside taping it all around the outside. Print off three/four copies of the complete inventory and place those in the plastic file folders, give 2 to the shippers and keep one each for you and the wife to place in your hand luggage [only a few grams and no impact on space] It's highly unlikely you'll both loose your hand luggage. AQIS only opened a few of our boxes to check contents matched lists very quick and efficient service.