Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

good hotels for a few night stay in Brisbane

good hotels for a few night stay in Brisbane

Old Oct 8th 2003, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default good hotels for a few night stay in Brisbane

Hi,

We have decided to stay in Brisbane before heading up the coast, so we can get interviews with agencies lined up for our arrival etc, anyone have any good central hotels that are reasonably priced and in a good location ?

Thanks

C x
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:55 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on your definition of reasonably priced & how long you are going to stay I guess . Im presuming you want to be in the city or very close to it?
Old Oct 8th 2003, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

These sites might be of some use

Australian Travel Marketing

Nice Tourism Site

Gday Mate
Old Oct 8th 2003, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Mrs Dagboy we are hoping to live on thecoast but have matters to attend to in the city when we arrive so, holidy inn type prices.

Any reccomendations ?

Thanks Karawara
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:32 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Carrianne, apart from the usual Hilton, Marriot, Conrad hotels which is what the guys from Dagboys work use (but are severely overpriced in my opinion) most of the other slightly cheaper ones are on the edges of the city which means a short walk or taxi ride instead of being right there. Not sure exactly how cheap Holiday Inn prices are but try these for a start & let me now if you want something else (bearing in mind that you probably wont get anything dirt cheap in the city unless its a 2 star cheapie with cockroaches everywhere ).

Good Earth Hotel . Stayed here, very nice, particularly if you ask for a room with a balcony on the 3rd or 4th floor up . We had a room with balcony & small kitchenette & living area for around $100/night. (RACQ says $80-140, I know we paid just over $100) about 400m from the GPO. (this would be my pick )

SpringHill Terraces Cheaper option at about $70/night, 3 star rating, but not as close to town, havent actually stayed here but have heard its ok for the price. about 2kms from GPO

Best Western Typical chain hotel, about $120/night, 2 kms from GPO.

Hotel Astore my sister has stayed here, not too bad for the price (around $80/night) but still about 1.5kms from the GPO.

There are some others that might suit, but they dont have websites. Let me know if you want more & I'll see what else I can find out.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:51 am
Rocket Scientist

Also, if you dont mind leaving it til the last minute & taking pot luck on availability you can always try Wotif & find a hotel. They have some excellent excellent deals.

Pick a hotel that someone suggests & see what rate you can get it for . It really depends on when you are planning to get here, Xmas would be a bad time, Feb would probably be fine for example. Very good info on various hotels if you click the *more* button heres another Best Western Hotel this time near Southbank which is probably a bit closer than the one I mentioned & down as low as $79/night for a standard room!

The only problem is that you will have to sift through them to see which ones are actually in the city (or someone nice like myself might make some suggestions ).

Good luck!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:52 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

For last minute deals there is also www.standbyrates.com.au
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:59 am
Rocket Scientist

Thanx Bondi, I'll add that to my list .
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:46 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Also, try www.wotif.com. Recommended to me by a Hotel Manager friend, and I got my mum into the Goodearth Hotel for $68 a night including breakfast!

Originally posted by bondipom
For last minute deals there is also www.standbyrates.com.au
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:12 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by brisnick
Also, try www.wotif.com. Recommended to me by a Hotel Manager friend, and I got my mum into the Goodearth Hotel for $68 a night including breakfast!
You drunk again Nick? Obviously didnt see my second post LOL

BTW, did she like the Goodearth or not?

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Oct 9th 2003 at 6:15 am.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:21 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Hehe! Probably one of the few times I'm NOT drunk!

Anyway, she said it was a good hotel. She's stayed there twice now. The rooms are a good size, ensuite, queen-bed and a single bed if I remember correctly. It's clean, pleasant staff. The lifts are a bit old looking though. Car park too.

I actually always suggest it when family come over (my unit is too small to put anyone up in. I found that out after letting my sister stay, and I ended up sleeping in the walk-in-robe!).

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
You drunk again Nick? Obviously didnt see my second post LOL

BTW, did she like the Goodearth or not?
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:34 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by brisnick
Hehe! Probably one of the few times I'm NOT drunk!

Anyway, she said it was a good hotel. She's stayed there twice now. The rooms are a good size, ensuite, queen-bed and a single bed if I remember correctly. It's clean, pleasant staff. The lifts are a bit old looking though. Car park too.

I actually always suggest it when family come over (my unit is too small to put anyone up in. I found that out after letting my sister stay, and I ended up sleeping in the walk-in-robe!).
Ahhhhh its the lack of alcohol in the blood thats the problem then . Glad to hear she liked it, we've only stayed there the once (wedding night) but we found the same as her - except for the lifts, ever noticed those. We went out & sat on the balcony til about 1am just enjoying the view & a few after-celebration drinks.

You should have stayed in the hotel when your sister stayed, would have been better than the closet anyway .
Old Oct 9th 2003, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

thank you ever so much Mrs Dagboy x
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

good info for me as well carrianne,as we are looking for the same but maybe outside of the city to enable us to research as many of the surrounding areas as possible.
Does anyone know of hotels that do family rooms at good rates as we have a 7 and 5 year old .
thanks donna
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:52 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by donna
good info for me as well carrianne,as we are looking for the same but maybe outside of the city to enable us to research as many of the surrounding areas as possible.
Does anyone know of hotels that do family rooms at good rates as we have a 7 and 5 year old .
thanks donna
Donna, how far out of the city do you want to be (or rather does it matter if you are)? And are you planning on having a rental car if you are planning on checking out suburbs - I guess yes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.