Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good hotel Darling Harbour area of Sydney?

Good hotel Darling Harbour area of Sydney?

Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:28 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good hotel Darling Harbour area of Sydney?

Googled until my mouse cried for mercy - just wondered if anyone could personally recommend a good cheapish hotel in the Darling Harbour area of Sydney for the MIL and FIL. They're old duffers so a YMCA probably isn't a good option.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:24 pm
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Good hotel Darling Harbour area of Sydney?

Originally Posted by Hutch
Googled until my mouse cried for mercy - just wondered if anyone could personally recommend a good cheapish hotel in the Darling Harbour area of Sydney for the MIL and FIL. They're old duffers so a YMCA probably isn't a good option.
Depends how much you want to spend.

We always use www.wotif.com for hotels. Try the Ibis, Mecure or even Star City for near Darling Harbour.

Good luck!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:31 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

sorry hutch, i know nothing about hotels in sydney, but with this wee bump . someone else might see yir thread
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

I know a fantastic place but its over $400 a night!! :scared:
Couldnt get any better though. Views are stunning.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:38 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
I know a fantastic place but its over $400 a night!! :scared:
Couldnt get any better though. Views are stunning.
for that i would expect 6 tarts thown in
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soapy

cherry or jam?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:40 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

and a marching band
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:05 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
cherry or jam?
oh no, i stay away during jam week
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:05 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by seang
and a marching band
needs to be a brass band, they are more horney
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

oh no, i stay away during jam week

:scared:
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:38 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Good hotel Darling Harbour area of Sydney?

We've just returned from Sydney and would thoroughly recommend the Parkridge Corporate Apartments.... don't be put off by the "corporate" bit - it is basically an apartment block with aprox.40% private ownership, the rest being rented out for tourists/corporate people.

We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with fully equipped laundry room, kitchen, sitting/dining room and balcony for those unlike me who can cope with heights. We were on the 15th floor and hubby assures me that the views over Hyde Park, the Botanical Gardens, the Harbour and the (back of) the Opera House were fantastic.

Strictly speaking it isn't in Darling Harbour - on the corner of Liverpool St and Oxford St, right by Hyde Park, but we found it was a short and easy walk to Darling Harbour, Circular Quay and the Opera House. Fab local eateries, loads of train or bus connections. Also a heated pool and sauna, although it was too cold for us to be tempted!

All for $180.00 a night - for the 2-bed apartment, booked through M-power at www.m-power.net. We'd never stay anywhere else.

Hope this helps - good luck
Old Aug 29th 2005, 10:26 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the Vulcan Hotel. I stayed there last year, and it's about 10 mins walk from Darling Harbour. The place is brand new, with mostly Ikea fixtures and fittings. It was reasonably priced and the staff were really friendly.

The address is

The Vulcan Hotel
500, Wattle Street, Ultimo, Sydney, NSW 2007
Phone:. (02) 9211 3283. Fax:. (02) 9212 7439

There. I hope that helps.

S
Old Aug 29th 2005, 11:25 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Can't speak from experience but we are going to Sydney in October and liked the look and prices of the Capitol Square Hotel. I think it is near to Darling Harbour.....if not please can a local correct me.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough

We went to the Hotel Ibis in Darling Harbour (not the world square one) and that was great - views across the harbour to the aquarium. Great breakfast as well.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:00 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the info guys - have forwarded it onto the FIL where he will no doubt spend a week comparing prices on Expedia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.