Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good Health Clubs with classes such as combat and body pump

Good Health Clubs with classes such as combat and body pump

Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:14 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice
Cool Good Health Clubs with classes such as combat and body pump

I live in the sticks at the moment and when we move to Oz it would be an advantage to have a good health club nearby. We are looking at Brisbane/Gold coast areas. Also i have an advanced level three Diploma and if all else fails it would be a good opportunity for work.
Any suggestions?
Angie
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:41 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice
Default Re: Good Health Clubs with classes such as combat and body pump

Originally Posted by Whitby Wanderers
I live in the sticks at the moment and when we move to Oz it would be an advantage to have a good health club nearby. We are looking at Brisbane/Gold coast areas. Also i have an advanced level three Diploma and if all else fails it would be a good opportunity for work.
Any suggestions?
Angie
hmmmmm... hello?.. so.. you are all so fit and healthy from doing sports and stuff that there is no need for health clubs?
Ange
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:56 am
Just Joined

addadd is an unknown quantity at this point

Any suggestions?
Angie
there is a big living well by robina on gold coast
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:10 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Any suggestions?
Angie
Hey - give us chance :-)

Yes there are loads of gyms and health clubs etc all around Brisbane. I dont really understand what you are asking though. Brisbane is a big place and the Gold Coast isnt Brisbane.

I can say that you would probably not have any difficulty in finding work as the fitness industry is thriving in Brisbane. However, you might want to check your qualification (leve 3 in what ?) falls within the Australian framework for trainers.

If you are bit more specific I'm sure we'll try to help more.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:15 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a few links of the larger operators in QLD -

http://www.zesthealthclubs.com.au/

http://www.livingwell.com.au/

Fernwood is womens only and is very big -

http://www.fernwoodfitness.com.au/

There are loads of independants also. I dislike the chain gyms and go to a smaller local one. Even that usually has 3 trainers in at any one time. Fitness is big business here - mainly because you are guaranteed that you can train most of the year round and secondly for every gym there are about 6 Subways and Maccas to guarantee a decent client base.

Triathlon, bike clubs and pretty much you name it sport wise. Welcome to sport hevean or hell - depending on your viewpoint.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:45 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

They have a fantastic sports centre at the University of Queensland in St Lucia, Brisbane.

www.uqsport.uq.edu.au

A great variety of classes and a great set up in general.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:18 pm
Marvin for PM

[QUOTE=BKate]They have a fantastic sports centre at the University of Queensland in St Lucia, Brisbane.

www.uqsport.uq.edu.au

Thanks Kate
just checked out the site and that is just what i am looking for.
We do the body systems here and i am qualified to teach combat.
Angie
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:21 pm
Marvin for PM

Originally Posted by Centurion
Hey - give us chance :-)

Yes there are loads of gyms and health clubs etc all around Brisbane. I dont really understand what you are asking though. Brisbane is a big place and the Gold Coast isnt Brisbane.

I can say that you would probably not have any difficulty in finding work as the fitness industry is thriving in Brisbane. However, you might want to check your qualification (leve 3 in what ?) falls within the Australian framework for trainers.

If you are bit more specific I'm sure we'll try to help more.
Awwww i am sorry... didnt mean to be impatient.
The advanced level three over here is the highest qualification with REPS and it carries over to Oz as long as i keep up the payments. Having said that i dont really want to work in a club as i have other interests now but its nice to have the option.
I like the body systems classes and am qualified to teach Body Combat.
I will check out the sites and thank you very much for your help
we are not sure whether to live in Brisbane or Gold Coast till we get there in June to check out both areas... its all an adventure yet..
Angie x