Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good Hair Guide!

Good Hair Guide!

Old Jun 6th 2004, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Hair Guide!

After getting a PM from the Prestons about GHD straighteners and hairdressers.....thought I'd ask if anyone can recommend any good hairdressers in Brisbane. I am fussy about having my hair cut and starting to go into panic.....might have to buy a wig..lol

I am a qualified hairdresser but have been out of the trade for a few years.....not liking what I hear about hairdressers/styles in Aussie though, so wondering if I should start up again!
Old Jun 6th 2004, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I know there is a Tony and Guy in Brissie, but it is pretty pricey!

I was worried about hairdressers as well, but I just snooped around a lot and chose a large modern one in a Mall which lots of people went to. Avoid the blue rinse type hairdressers and you should be ok!

Iused to go to a trendy hair stylists in the uk where they did that hair stripping thing with the scissors, the Aussie methods were not the same, but the result looks similar and I am happy with it. Also it cost $27 instead of $75!!!

One strange thing is most people just get their hair washed and cut and leave it damp. If you ask for a blow dry that is luxury!!!
Old Jun 6th 2004, 10:24 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps the best hairdressers in Brisbane are:

www.oscaroscar.com.au

He has won Australian hairdresser of the year. Irish guy who spent years in London and finally setting up in Brisbane and more recently Gold Coast.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 10:24 am
Hello from Brisbane

Perhaps the best hairdressers in Brisbane are:

www.oscaroscar.com.au

He has won Australian hairdresser of the year. Irish guy who spent years in London and finally setting up in Brisbane and more recently Gold Coast.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 11:35 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Good Hair Guide!

Originally posted by Gryff
After getting a PM from the Prestons about GHD straighteners and hairdressers.....thought I'd ask if anyone can recommend any good hairdressers in Brisbane. I am fussy about having my hair cut and starting to go into panic.....might have to buy a wig..lol

I am a qualified hairdresser but have been out of the trade for a few years.....not liking what I hear about hairdressers/styles in Aussie though, so wondering if I should start up again!

It took me 4 attempts but I found a good one in Chermside rather than the CBD, it was part of chain. If I can remember the name I'll see if I can find a website for them!

I also had a recommendation from a friend for one in the CBD but it was always booked up, I'll try and find out that name for you too!
Old Jun 6th 2004, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Gosh ur such a helpful lot! Thank you.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 11:42 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by mlbonner
It took me 4 attempts but I found a good one in Chermside rather than the CBD, it was part of chain. If I can remember the name I'll see if I can find a website for them!

I also had a recommendation from a friend for one in the CBD but it was always booked up, I'll try and find out that name for you too!

Okay, there seems to be no website, but I went to a Jon Le Court salon, if you look at www.yellowpages.com.au you'd be able to find the nearest one to you!

I think this was the one my friend recommended to me http://www.fadishair.com.au/

snip snip....
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:02 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

FWIW have tried out Toni & Guy branches all over the UK, in Sydney & also on a recent visit to Melbourne. They tend to be expensive wherever you are, but are consistently reliable in giving a very good cut, so worth it IMO.

Why not see if you could get a job at T&G to begin with? Most of the staff in Oz branches tend to be Brits & are a very nice friendly bunch, too.

Good luck!

Anya.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:04 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by anya4oz

Why not see if you could get a job at T&G to begin with? Most of the staff in Oz branches tend to be Brits & are a very nice friendly bunch, too.

Oooo, yeah and let me know if you do so I can get my haircut there
Old Jun 6th 2004, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have had a hair nightmare since getting here so have researched this well........
Oscaroscar seem to be the place to go, I have asked people with good hair(few and far between it must be said!!!) and ALL of them (only asked about 4) have recomended there. There is also a Toni and Guy at harbourtown on the goldcoast.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 10:55 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

.....thought I'd ask if anyone can recommend any good hairdressers in Brisbane.

My wife sometimes goes to OscarOscar, you might also try Corcorz, but I believe it is v. expensive (since I wasn't told how much it cost)
Old Jun 7th 2004, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha Ha Gryff - I thought you were joking when you said you were going to start this post! I expect everyone on this forum now thinks I have an obsession with GHD!!!

Anyway - Corcorz (as in the above post) is where Phillipe is! They are at Southbank and VERY good - although I had to resist his constant attempts to 'lighten my 'air'!!

I only picked that salon as there were loads of awards in the window and it paid off - it was a good cut.

Dawn
Old Jun 7th 2004, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Prestons
Ha Ha Gryff - I thought you were joking when you said you were going to start this post! I expect everyone on this forum now thinks I have an obsession with GHD!!!

Anyway - Corcorz (as in the above post) is where Phillipe is! They are at Southbank and VERY good - although I had to resist his constant attempts to 'lighten my 'air'!!

I only picked that salon as there were loads of awards in the window and it paid off - it was a good cut.

Dawn
LOL...i was joking, but then thought what the hell...i will not be a happy dobby if I can't find a good hairdresser...lol
Old Jun 7th 2004, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

How long does it take to train? Maybe hairdressing would be a good career move. I'm serious.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 4:54 pm
Hello from Brisbane

3 / 4 years college and in-salon apprenticeship, the money while an apprentice is really bad and the duties even worse.

However, once you become a qualified hairdresser and build a large clientele the money and rewards are great.

I'll be arriving in Brisbane in late August and am starting work immediately in a good salon (can't name just yet ) I'll post here and hopefully you all can come and get a good professional hair cut, colour and design.

irishmolly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.