Good Guys

Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:05 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Question Good Guys

When they say 'less for cash', do they mean physically taking in wads of cash and not any kind of card payment, or do they mean non credit card payment (ie bank ac card payment taken directly from bank ac) or cheque as 'cash'?
Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:06 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Guys

Originally Posted by walaj
When they say 'less for cash', do they mean physically taking in wads of cash and not any kind of card payment, or do they mean non credit card payment (ie bank ac card payment taken directly from bank ac) or cheque as 'cash'?
you can use eftpos and still get the "cash price"

Lynn
Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:10 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth

Lynn
thnaks for the super quick reply - tis what I thought, but OH kept saying 'they say cash, what else could it be?'
Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:14 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

No worries, I was always wary of it too, but yesterday i went and boght something and got a good discount using my card, felt an idiot asking if cash meant cash though

Lynn
Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:15 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Yes, or a cheque.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:51 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Not always, although it's probably up to the individual. I went in to get a phone before Christmas, and the *cash* price was volunteered before I got to the checkout. I said, sorry, I wanted to pay by credit card and the guy promptly said, well, it's the same as the cash price anyway.

Go figure!

Sue
Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:56 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you asked this, I was wondering the same thing but thought it might be stupid question
Want to buy a TomTom this weekend from "pay less for cash" but didnt fancy physically carrying the cash around.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:01 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I asked this question at the local Good Guys and was told that cash did mean cash on smaller ticket items, but they wouldn't expect you to bring $2000 in used notes to get your plasma telly.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:18 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn
Don't forget there is a daily limit of $1000 so you can't use Eftpos to buy a washing machine, eg.

Jane
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:24 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Don't forget there is a daily limit of $1000 so you can't use Eftpos to buy a washing machine, eg.

Jane
Is that right? Blimey. That with every bank/building society?
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:31 am
no longer searching

Originally Posted by Hutch
We had limit of $2k (not sure if we increased it) and had this pain with purchases elsewhere. One place we ended up withdrawing cash (yes the real stuff) walking over to the retailers bank and paying it into their account (as this was the cheapest (ie no bank charges) and easiest way to do it)
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:33 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
It was when we had to buy everything when we first set up here. Might have changed now. And there's a $5000 a day limit for transferring money using internet banking. That's just HSBC, other banks allow you less. Or you can go into your branch where they will charge you for access to your own money.

Jane

Last edited by JaneandJim; Apr 28th 2006 at 9:34 am. Reason: Got it wrong again!
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:35 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Less for cash is basically ask for the 'cash price' and you'll pay the goin rate. Pay what's on the ticket and more fool you!

We bought a few bits there, and HAVE paid less than elsewhere ($650 for a Tom Tom One Shaz at GG but it WAS with an extra 15% off that day!!) but we got a cheap temp TV for what was up for $155 odd. I asked for the cash price and payed $130 which I thought was excellent ........... till! ........

I see it in Woolworth's the next day for $129.99 ...

I think at the end of the day you pay the 'goin rate' unless there is further discounts to be had, but you walk away thinking you've got a bargain!

They'll take I think 15% off the asking price, you try and get em to budge further than that, cash or not!
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:41 am
Breeding little aussies

Originally Posted by JaneandJim

Jane

$1000 for a washing machine :scared: :scared:

Yes i could use eftpos to buy a washing machine because i'd not be paying over (or close to) $1000 for it call me a tightarse

Lynn
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:51 am
Born to be ignored

$1000 for a washing machine :scared: :scared:

Yes i could use eftpos to buy a washing machine because i'd not be paying over (or close to) $1000 for it call me a tightarse

Lynn
You're a tightarse.