Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good deal on flights? And travelling with children

Good deal on flights? And travelling with children

Old Dec 24th 2008, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

jo_marnes will become famous soon enoughjo_marnes will become famous soon enough
Default Good deal on flights? And travelling with children

Hi all,

Can anyone point us in the right direction of some cheap flights? London to Adelaide. Cheapest I have found so far is £2400 for 2 adults, one infant and 2 children. Travelling March time. We would like one of those cots for our youngest - how do you go about getting these?

Thanks,

Jo xx
Old Dec 24th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default Re: Good deal on flights? And travelling with children

Originally Posted by jo_marnes
Hi all,

Can anyone point us in the right direction of some cheap flights? London to Adelaide. Cheapest I have found so far is £2400 for 2 adults, one infant and 2 children. Travelling March time. We would like one of those cots for our youngest - how do you go about getting these?

Thanks,

Jo xx
Hi... re the cot, you specify that when you book, generally you will be asked if you wanted one if you are booking an infant fare. But do ask, as with some you have to book, to make sure they carry enough on board.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Thanks,

Jo xx
Just read your thread. We've travelled a few times with little ones. Try to get the Bassinet seats allocated to you on booking and get it in writing. Also check in early if you have a bassinet booking to ensure you do get one. A lot of airlines will say they won't put it in writing but have booked one for you subject to availability.

Bassinets are only useful for small babies. You can theoretically book a bassinet up to the age of 2 but they only fit up to a certain weight and length depending on airline. (I believe Qantas or BA do a toddler seat but the other airlines are just the bassinets).

We travelled with a 10 month old and were glad we booked an extra seat.

Hope this helps.

Poppet
Old Dec 27th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Thanks,

Jo xx
Also depends on the airline. For example, I booked us (2 adults, 2 children aged 2 and 4 so almost full fare) and one infant to Melbourne in Jan '09 and paid £2800. Then, via Singapore airlines site, they had a bassinet reserved automatically as I had an infant as a booked passenger. I could then go in and change the seats online to ensure we are, as far as possible, in a line. This worked on the second leg - the first, on the new 380 Airbus, is a pain and the bassinet on the row of 4 appears twice - one at each end - thus we cannot get a row of 4 as the other end is 'reserved' for another passenger with an infant. Not ideal so we'll see how it goes...