British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Good Curries in Adelaide? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/good-curries-adelaide-224308/)

jasper pentop Apr 15th 2004 10:29 am

Good Curries in Adelaide?

Can anyone add to a definitative list of great curry houses in Adelaide... its the only thing my partner keeps saying he is going to miss about england... and I want to make him happy ;)

Kentish Man Apr 15th 2004 12:01 pm

Re: Good Curries in Adelaide?

Originally posted by jasper pentop
Can anyone add to a definitative list of great curry houses in Adelaide... its the only thing my partner keeps saying he is going to miss about england... and I want to make him happy ;)
You're lucky if you find a good one in Australia never mind Adelaide!

However, I do recall a barely passable one in Hindley Street, forget the name though.

Hmm. Curry.

kentcoast Apr 15th 2004 6:31 pm

Went to a great Balinese resturant near the Earl in adelaide is that close enough. Food was good mostly hot and spicey ( the change will do partner good )

bindi Apr 15th 2004 7:27 pm

Hi,

I'm an Adelaide girl who's been living in the UK for 4 years. And living in Manchester not far from the Curry Mile I'm now hooked on them! :p

But, I'm sorry to say that Adelaide doesn't have loads of great curry houses like there are here in the UK. You will find lots of great Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Malaysian, Balinese, Indonesian, etc. And there's a growing number of 'noodle bars' which have a selection of most Sth East Asian favourites. Adelaide does have Curry houses, but they are a minority compared to other cuisines. If your partner likes chili and spicy food then I'm sure he'll enjoy the Thai restaurants, they are fantastic.

Try browsing www.adelaide.citysearch.com.au and follow the link for 'Food & wine'. It might prove helpful!

have fun,
bindi

BookBear Apr 16th 2004 4:09 am

The Taste of Kashmir on Melbourne St is good, and the Indian on O'Connell St (both North Adelaide), which I think is called Beyond India.

Unfortunatley I haven't found anywhere that has chicken jalfrezi yet :-(

bondipom Apr 16th 2004 4:29 am

Plenty of great Thai food to have instead.