Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The good, bad and ugly....schools in Bayside

The good, bad and ugly....schools in Bayside

Old May 1st 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default The good, bad and ugly....schools in Bayside

Hiya

I am just after some advice about schools in Brisbane. I'm really looking at Ormiston State Primary or Thornlands State Primary.

Looking at their websites, Ormiston is much smaller and does not offer the same extra curricular actitivites as Thornlands, but then with Thornlands being so much bigger, are children a little bit more lost in that environment?

We are coming from quite a small school where my children have been very happy, so I'm just a bit unsure about the big school thing.

If anyone knows anything about these school please can you let me know what you think

Thanks

Rudi
xxx
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:02 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: The good, bad and ugly....schools in Bayside

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hiya

I am just after some advice about schools in Brisbane. I'm really looking at Ormiston State Primary or Thornlands State Primary.
Thornlands State Primary School has just been awarded a Showcase Award for Excellence in the Early Phase of Learning.

The school was named as one of eight winners in the state's most prestigious accolades for state school programs.

Thornlands State School is not unfamiliar with the Showcase Awards, winning numerous awards in the past. This school exemplifies the quality education we have in the Redlands, John English (MP) said.

Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:07 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi have heard good reports about Thornlands State SChool. Not much about Ormiston.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough

I have a daughter at Ormiston Primary, and she is really happy and settled at the school, the school offers a few extra curricular activities, my daughter is involved in the school band, and cross country there are a few others.

I think you will get a better feel for which school to choose when you look around them both.

If you need any further info just pm me.

Good luck
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:37 am
Just Joined

ksloan is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a son at Ormiston and have been very happy with it. They have a readers club and walkers club in the morning and other activities. All the teachers and the principal are really nice. The school isn't as big as some but i quite like that.