British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Good / bad Tranzfers reports (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/good-bad-tranzfers-reports-334507/)

aussiesoon Oct 30th 2005 7:49 pm

Good / bad Tranzfers reports

H! We're moving our house sale proceeds to Oz within the next few days. To date we have always used our bank to do this, but if we were to use Tranzfers, we would gain about $3000.

Has anyone used this company for large amounts?

Thanks,

Rachel.

jonni boy Oct 30th 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Good / bad Tranzfers reports

Originally Posted by aussiesoon
H! We're moving our house sale proceeds to Oz within the next few days. To date we have always used our bank to do this, but if we were to use Tranzfers, we would gain about $3000.

Thanks,

Rachel.

we've been using them for ages and never had any problems with them. we use them every 2 or 3 weeks to transfer a couple of hundred pound into our commonwealth bank account but not done any large amounts yet.

marco121068 Oct 30th 2005 8:34 pm

Thanks,

Rachel.

I've used them a couple of times now and not had any problems. I bank with Barclays in the UK which is the same bank they have their account with. Transferred money on a Thursday morning to them and the Oz Dollars were in my account the next day.

aussiesoon Oct 30th 2005 8:45 pm

Thanks for that. Did you find it easy to set up the first transr?

marco121068 Oct 30th 2005 8:50 pm

Thanks for that. Did you find it easy to set up the first transr?

I spoke to the guy and agreed the rate, transferred the money to their account and then set up my Aussie account details on the beneficiaries screen so they'd pay it into there when my funds cleared.

aussiesoon Oct 30th 2005 9:10 pm

Thanks. I've just set up a small transfer to see how that goes, before entrusting them with our life savings.

spalen Oct 30th 2005 9:20 pm

safe as houses

aussiesoon Oct 30th 2005 9:22 pm

We lost 20000 pounds on our first house!!!!

spalen Oct 30th 2005 9:23 pm

We lost 20000 pounds on our first house!!!!

Yeah I was looking for a link to 'UK House Price Crash' or something similar hahah thanks for the real life experience ;-)

Pollyana Oct 30th 2005 10:51 pm

Use tranzfers every month, and have done for over 2 years. Had a problem once not getting the validation email but they sorted it by phone with no hassle. I'd thoroughly recommend them - quick and easy. :)

renth Oct 30th 2005 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Use tranzfers every month, and have done for over 2 years. Had a problem once not getting the validation email but they sorted it by phone with no hassle. I'd thoroughly recommend them - quick and easy. :)

I have used them twice - no problems, very good.

Wol Oct 30th 2005 11:22 pm

Used them perhaps ten times - very helpful when things went wrong once (My finger trouble....).

Can't honestly say what their rates are like since it's almost impossible to make a valid comparison.