Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

good or bad debt??

good or bad debt??

Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:32 pm
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough
Default good or bad debt??

do you start from scratch in oz,regardless of your situation in the uk? or would you not even get past visa applicaton stage with bad debt.my partner still has some from a past relationship (bad debt that is).any response much apreciated cheers.

Jason
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:40 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good or bad debt??

Originally posted by userjay
do you start from scratch in oz,regardless of your situation in the uk? or would you not even get past visa applicaton stage with bad debt.my partner still has some from a past relationship (bad debt that is).any response much apreciated cheers.

Jason

hi jason
from reading previous threads I understand your credit history does not follow you to Oz. however, general consensus is that its not a good idea to do a runner from the uk (leaving debt unpaid)!
Good news for those of us who were foolish with money in our youth, is it not!!?

sue
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:45 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by userjay

Jason
If the debt is not satisfied the creditors can start jumping up and down and making noises here. They can track you.

If you have cleared you bad debts then you do start with a clean slate.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:41 pm
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bondipom
If the debt is not satisfied the creditors can start jumping up and down and making noises here. They can track you.

If you have cleared you bad debts then you do start with a clean slate.
its not a case of doing a runner the debt is being handled by means of token payments arranged by c.a.b (bless them)am just wonderin if this arrangement can be transfered to oz?allso the debt is in her maiden name whether or not this has any relavants or not i dont know? thanks for replying by the way